Smart Trak For Mac?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanmarcosguy123

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Is there an ETA for Smart Trak for Mac. I have a Galileo Sol and can't do much with Jtrak other than transfer dives. Id like to get the firmware updates. Don't want to buy parallels and windows for one program. I heard from one person at Scubapro that it was available in "a few months" Does anyone at Scubapro have a more specific time frame?

Seconded! I have a a Sol and my son has a Luna and the only reason I have parallels an Windows 7 is for smarttrak. Seriously considering just entering things manually into MacDive instead. Any chance we could just see a generic transfer to UDDF or a plugin for MacDive if a port of SmartTrak is deemed too difficult or costly? I could do without the firmware updates if necessary, just use the dive shop's PC to do it once a year or so.

Seriously considering another Sol as a backup for my TriMix dives but the lack of Mac support is a much bigger issue nowadays. Thanks for any updates.

Please don't shoot the messenger! The updated software, called SCUBAPRO LogTrak will be included with the next generation of SCUBAPRO computers, and will work on MAC OS and Windows systems. There is no existing plan as of yet to make the new software compatible with older models. The exact release date hasn't been determined, but it is expected late spring.

The lack of planning to make the new LogTrak program available to existing Sol and Luna customers is disappointing and makes me question future purchases from SCUBAPRO. The promise of firmware updates when I purchased my Luna played a big role in my decision to go with the Luna. Hopefully if enough people voice this concern SCUBAPRO will include us existing Mac using customers in their planning for the new LogTrak and future Sol/Luna firmware updates!

Well that is incredibly disappointing. Any chance ScubaPro will consider providing specifications for the download protocol and data format(s) so that we could write something open source and support ourselves via MacDive or another third party program?

Does this mean the newer computers will be moving away from irda as the download mechanism finally? Perhaps low power Bluetooth?

As a software architect I will say that not supporting (at least) the last generation of your product (Sol / Luna) is dropping the ball in a pretty major way. I know there is no way my marketing department, project manager, or engineering management would let me get away with that. As the saying goes -- any problem in computer science can be solved by adding another layer of abstraction. :)

Thanks for the info, even if it is disappointing.

Please don't shoot the messenger! The updated software, called SCUBAPRO LogTrak will be included with the next generation of SCUBAPRO computers, and will work on MAC OS and Windows systems. There is no existing plan as of yet to make the new software compatible with older models. The exact release date hasn't been determined, but it is expected late spring.

If this were to happen my SOL would be up for sale along with my G250V's and MK25's, also my XTEK form and anything else that is SP. I would be very disgruntled.

Well that is incredibly disappointing. Any chance ScubaPro will consider providing specifications for the download protocol and data format(s) so that we could write something open source and support ourselves via MacDive or another third party program?

Does this mean the newer computers will be moving away from irda as the download mechanism finally? Perhaps low power Bluetooth?

As a software architect I will say that not supporting (at least) the last generation of your product (Sol / Luna) is dropping the ball in a pretty major way. I know there is no way my marketing department, project manager, or engineering management would let me get away with that. As the saying goes -- any problem in computer science can be solved by adding another layer of abstraction. :)

Thanks for the info, even if it is disappointing.

I couldn't agree more. ScubaPro/Uwatec really needs to open up the data format. MacDive is a MUCH better interface for downloading and cataloging dives. my girlfriend has a Sol and it's a PIA to run parallels every time to download dives.

JohnnyO
------------
"What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?"

.................... There is no existing plan as of yet to make the new software compatible with older models ...............

So you have a chance to redeem yourselves and create a plan pronto to support Mac. Mac's are purchased for the same reason we purchase ScubaPro - QUALITY! In case you haven't looked reciently - Apple "seems" be making headway in the technical universe!

sent by KateSCUBAPRO:

-----------------

Would that be the same 'late Spring' (the one with the rolling year) that has been used to describe the release date of the Trimix firmware update on the Galileo? I'm coming to the conclusion that Scubapro has lost the plot and as I refresh my dive gear, there's going to be less and less Scubapro equipment in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom