Smallest dive boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cane Bay's dive boats are great!! I'm friends with the owner and he runs a nice outfit. Myself, I have a 14' Quicksilver HD inflatable with thirty HP and it gets me and two to three divers out to the sites nicely. A good tank rack mounted to the hard floors is a must, it not only secures the tanks, but gives you a nice handle to hang onto in chop and provides a table space for assembling gear, cameras, and cleaning a speared fish or two. Lose the bench seats and opt for a good tote to sit on and all your storage needs are taken care of. Lanyards with brass clips located strategically on the rail make it nice to clip to your gear when you take it off in the water. The soft sides on the boat make it a snap to climb in. Best of all, they go in shallow water, are sturdy, take some really heavy chop, easily trailerable, and if you are very limited on storage at home, can be deflated and rolled up in a corner of the garage. Oh, and they go pretty darn fast without sucking huge amounts of fuel.
JT

I got ceritifed on Guam. My sister and I dove with the instructor out of 8' inflatable with plywood floor. It was in Apra Harbor, so it was protected.

Ocan Kayak, Drifter model is the smallest boat Ive ever dove from.

We would push the 11 foot Zodiac from his driveway, across the sand to the Gulf. I would push him free of the sandbar and he would speed off and then, timing the waves just right, would swing around as I looped my arm through a line and be hauled aboard. On the way out, he'd down at least one miniature Jose Cuervo before we reached the site...but that's a different story for a different thread.

I dive from my 14 ft Tarpon kayak and used to dive from a 12 ft Scupper XT kayak.

PWC and an 8' Livingston. 1000' Bird Farms are good and stable. :D

Gary D.

Ask the local fishermen for a ride to their fishing spots and this is what we get...

Balance is the key, glad I learned how to don gear in the water early on...when the afternoon waves come in, makes it interesting...

dove off my little 11ft whaler till i got a bigger one,,,it was a 13 ft,,,then i went crazy and got a 19ft whaler,,,and later a 24ft,,,they just seem to grow and grow,,,my last boat was a 80 ft one,,,

have a good dive off any size vessel,,,,,,

later,,,,,,,,,captbill

the wetter the better!:usa:

I dived for many years with my first wife in our 12' Achilles inflatable. I even made a half dozen trips to Catalina (22 miles each way) in addition to about 100 dives around Palos Verdes. There were many times I wished I hadn't sold it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom