Smallest dive boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So far my smallest has been a 17 ft "party boat" with almost no deck space 3 divers we were climbing all over eachothers gear. Honestly I think there would have been more usable space in a small dingy :)

My ex and I used to dive off his 11' dingy (inflateble Caribe) when we lived in FL. Is was nice to haul it down to the Keys for a weekend.
We also had for a short time an 18' inflatable set upto for 6 divers and Capt. That was crowded but was OK for very short distances.

And now, I'm on a 130 fter and we don't dive off the mothership but from 20' skiffs with upto 4 divers in each.

As long as I can get in & out safely for the seas of the area, any boat that can get me to my divesite works for me.

Cane Bay Dive Shop

Dove this inflatable with Cane Bay Dive Shop in St. Croix. The floor unzips inside the inflatable tube at the bow. Sit down with you feet dangling in the water and forward roll entry. To end the dive just pop up in the hole in the floor, hand up you weight belt and frog-kick up and into the boat. It rides just like it looks like it would. Get in, sit down, hang on and keep your mouth shut. Oh, and the fish tacos at the bar during the surface interval were excellent, too.

DC

It isn't the size of the boat but the motion of the ocean that determines the need.

My kayak is the smallest boat I have been on the open ocean with.

N

4 divers in a small inflatable, don't recall the length but between us and the gear we just barely fit.

3 divers (all of us big guys), 6 tanks and my 17' jet boat. Did it once. Had to don/doff in the water. Not the right tool for the job! Oh, and to make it fun, after the dive on the way back I blew the super charger on the engine (unrelated to the dive) and had to get towed in by a guy in an outboard.

I dove 8 divers with 2 tanks each out of my 15' zodiac once...:11: I have also done 3 divers on a 10' achilles...

Dive three of us with doubles off of my 11 ft Avon once. There was NO extra room. Good thing we didn't have to go very far.

There are a few tips if you have a small inflatable. Get a transom mounted fuel tank. It really frees up some room. Get a cushion for the seat with a storage bag underneath to keep things like the radio, anchor, lines, GPS and the like. It keeps the "stuff" off of the floor.

Back
Top Bottom