Smaller sized Full face for rescue diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richboslice

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I joined our local rescue squad and we use full face equipment. One of our divers needs a smaller size for it to seal off. We are having trouble locating one. Any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I'd look into a medium/small with Ocean Reef. Most FFMs are one size fits most but I believe ocean reef makes two sizes.

Contact Joey at Scubatoys at Toll free 877-728-2243.

They have outfitted several rescue squads and dive teams with FFMs and can help you with your needs.

We have found the OMS Guardian fits small divers well. It has a double seal that allows one size to fit a range of divers from 6'6" 250lb+ divers to 5'1" 120 lb divers.

Jackie

DRIS is having a sale on OTS Guardians for $549 apiece until Monday, BTW. They also do a decent amount of business with public safety and have a retired police diver on their staff.

OTS Guardian | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL - Dive Right in Scuba

The OTS guardian is a great mask and one that I prefer for winter diving- Guardians have never had a reported freeflow. But in case you've already tried and know the Guardian just won't fit (many dive teams already have at least some OTS Guardians), your best bet after that may be a Small/Medium Ocean Reef.

We have found the OTS Guardian fits small divers well. It has a double seal that allows one size to fit a range of divers from 6'6" 250lb+ divers to 5'1" 120 lb divers.

Jackie

Absolutely agree with this - we use the Guardian at the Florida Aquarium. They fit a wide variety of folks without issue, and they are a really nice mask for rescue work. With how common they are, though, I'm a little worried you have tried one already...but if not, it's worth checking them out

Most of the teams around here use the Guardian or OTS AGA masks. You could always go with one of these:

image_33760_1_294.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom