small ( watch size) dive computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

apateonas

Reaction score
:confused: Hello again ...
I 'm looking for a small sized (watch too) dive computer.
I'm too close to buy a suunto stinger. Does anyone knows the difference between stinger and mosquito exept about 200 Euros..
Can you sugest me another brand model at about this size and specs

The Mozzy and Stinger are the only wrist watch sized computers that I am aware of (though there are other watches out there that will function as bottome timers, aka, record depth and time, but won't compute N2 exposure).

The reason for the difference in price is that the Stinger has the metal case and the Mozzy a high impact plastic. Other than that, they are pretty much the same electronically.

Both are good computers. And both will help you keep out of trouble as long as you follow their info correctly.

I have the Aqualand by Citizen's and it is also a computer about 400 dollar but nice... you can also down load it to a PC.

Rich :mean:

Srkdvr....I respectfully beg to differ. Unless you got something that I'm not aware of...the Citizen watches do not compute N2 loading and NoDeco Limits.

But you are correct that they do keep track of all the other data that computers use to compute NDL's and certain versions are downloadable.

IMO the Citizen Hyper Aqualand watches are way overpriced. You can buy a Mosquito or Vyper dive computer for less $$ and they do more. Seems like a pointless purchase.:boom:

Ya might want to look on the suunto website, they have a comparison of the watches/computers.

The Stinger does 492 ft vs 300 ft for Mosquito; has more selectable sample rates; gauge-mode (for those realllly deep dives); but the Mosquito has user-replaceable battery. Found out that the Mosquito crystal is slightly softer than the Stinger (reference other discussions re: same subject on the scubaboard).

I was just answering the first thread, and he was asking about a watch sized computer.

Rich :mean:

GP once bubbled...
IMO the Citizen Hyper Aqualand watches are way overpriced. You can buy a Mosquito or Vyper dive computer for less $$ and they do more. Seems like a pointless purchase.:boom:
So, no Rolex's in your gear, eh, GP?
Rick :)

Before settling on the stinger I was also looking at getting the mozzie. As far as I'm aware both computers provide exactly the same functions. The mozzie is cheaper because of the plastic body and watch face. The max depth, as mentioned earlier is less than the stinger, but one benefit is that you can change the battery yourself whereas you'd need a suunto dealer to change the stinger battery.

The differences are mostly aesthetic, but both of them are awesome dive computers. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom