Small tank question / solicitation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks for the input.

those HP steel Fabers are very nice, but pri-cey.

looks like a used Al 50 or two, is the way to go for us.

Anybody have a couple they would like to unload.....?

thanks for the input.

those HP steel Fabers are very nice, but pri-cey.

looks like a used Al 50 or two, is the way to go for us.

Anybody have a couple they would like to unload.....?

Call the guys at Divers Den Georgia. They sometimes make deal on tanks. Their number is 912-882-0537. They beat Leisure Pro's price on AL 50's when I asked if they would. I am not affiliated with this shop.

If you can't find AL50s, look at the AL 40. 5 pounds lighter and really make sweet doubles later.

If you can't find AL50s, look at the AL 40. 5 pounds lighter and really make sweet doubles later.

Hmmm.....

do you have a set? did you need to get custom bands made up? or are they about the same size as an old ST 38 ?

How about the manifold?

Hmmm.....

do you have a set? did you need to get custom bands made up? or are they about the same size as an old ST 38 ?

How about the manifold?

Yes, I have several sets of AL40s and several sets of AL30s. All with custom bands. Some of the vintage 38s were 6.9" diameter and some of the vintage 38 were skinnier (5.5" to 6"?). My tanks are 5.25" diameter.

Some with custom manifolds and some with manifolds made from US market modular valves with Euro market short crossovers.

They are crappy pictures, but here is one of my sets of skinny doubles:

Bal Single Stage 6.jpgBal Single Stage 7.jpgBal Single Stage 3.jpg

update on the search, and a question:

Found an AL50 that is on the way in the mail so I'm looking forward to my plans for building the boys rig moving along. 2 would have been nice, but one is better than none, and I'm sure I'll stumble into another one of these days.

Question - it has a Drager DIN valve on it. Did I see once, a threaded insert that could be put in a DIN valve so it could be used with a yoke regulator? or am I wrong about that? or am I right, and there is some reason why that would be a bad idea?

If it is not convertable in some way, the tank should have the same 3/4 threads, yes? and I could just replace with a standard K-valve, yes? (I have a few extra that I swapped with ported Dacors Js)

Thanks in advance for the input,

Fred

Any 3/4" valve should work provided the tank is not metric.

Back
Top Bottom