Small Nassau dive op?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rescue Diver68

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK, so there are 2 major dive ops in Nassau. One caters to the cruise ships, runs cattle boats and limits bottm times (opinions read here). THe other takes you dive sites that are not very good (opinions read here).

Anyone know names of any small dive ops?

Stuart's cove is good if you can get a group together, sponsoring from a dive shop even better. We were there back in October with a group of 8, 6 divers and 2 wanna be divers.

Long story short we had the same boat the entire time (5 days) with the same captain and DM (Marc) who were both excellent. We were able to leave our gear on the boat every night for the entire week. They would ask where we wanted to dive and that is where we went, Marc would pretty much let us do our own thing as everyone in our group is very experienced and he would lead other divers that were on the boat when there were any. About 50% of the time it was just our group. I was actually the NOOB in the group with only 14 dives, by the end of the week I had 35 and my AOW, and Nitrox.

Our only complaint was the last day on the afternoon trip Marc could not be there and we got a dive nazi for DM. She was terrible, I would not have thought one could throw a temper tamtrum at 90 fsw but I was wrong! Otherwise I have nothing but high praise for Stuart's cove.

Coves.
Every now and then someone tries something new.
i had a couple of expat friends (gone home now) who nearly sunk of andros in a small op's boat summer just gone.
Sea's a harsh mistress.
I'll keep an eye of the string tho. I'd try a small op an let'ya know if'n it blows!
Dan

Coves.
Every now and then someone tries something new.
i had a couple of expat friends (gone home now) who nearly sunk of andros in a small op's boat summer just gone.
Sea's a harsh mistress.
I'll keep an eye of the string tho. I'd try a small op an let'ya know if'n it blows!
Dan

Dude, Not sure what your post meant.:popcorn:

I'm not looking for someone to take me diving from their seadoo or anything. Keep an eye of the string tho? :confused:

Stop smokin that stuff!:rofl3:

Besides Bahama Dives and Stuart Cove's the only other diveop listed at BDA is Landshark. But they use SC for boat dives. There's also Custom Aquatics if you have enough divers to justify the price - starts at $700-1000 per day...

Back
Top Bottom