small high pressure port?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ferraritechbrian

Registered
Reaction score
i just got my scubapro mk 5 rebuilt happy to report the technician at ocean divers with the scubapro museum (kenny) said that there isnt a dive he wouldnt do without these. saying that im too excited so i wanted to breath through them so when i when to hook up my pressure guage i found the high pressure port to be too small! ive done some searching and havent had any right in my face information on the hose i need for my pressure gauge. its the same size hose as my low pressure hoses. any help would be great. thanks in advance!

awap,
Thanks for the heads up on the lower price!

Or you can swap out the hose on your SPG for the proper 3/8x24 HP hose. You can still buy them but a lot of LDSs do keep them in stock. Either way works fine. For the vintage gauge users in the bunch, while ordering, you might as well get the other adapter as well. To connect 3/8 hoses to 7/16 reg ports. I can't dive much of my vintage gear while with a class but an old pressure gauge with a cap depth gauge option is always fun to show the class.

I only buy 3/8" hoses custom made for my vintage regs. Any dive shop that can order Trident stuff can get them custom made in a length of your choosing. I get mine in 24" so that my SPG isn't flapping out there in the breeze. Plus I had a vintage HP hose burst on me in the Caymans so I do not use old HP hoses anymore.

As for the heads up on "lower prices" I choose to spend the extra 6 dollars at VDH. If Bryan ever decides to stop making parts, then we are screwed as a community. Therefore, I usually try to buy my parts there to support him and our community. 6 bucks is a small price to pay to support a small business.

+100%

Back
Top Bottom