Small Caution: Break Water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were ending our dive by going by the industrial dock in Newport, Oregon. Poor vis, so when I saw the line, it was too late. My buddy had seen it, but rather than warn me, just gave it a stupid stare without warning me!!! I've never wanted to be "hooked" so I was relieved to see that it was a small crab cage that collapses when reeled it. Well, this fisherman felt the tug on his line from my bumping into it and began reeling in. I hate entanglements around my tank valve!!!!!!!! - but that is where it was. I fought like crazy - bet I almost pulled the fisherman in - and somehow came loose. I then made a beeline to the shallows and came up as planned. The "fisherman" was a crewman from a NOAA tug who, between tending lines, decided to try for crabs. We gave each other a wave and that was it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom