Small backup light recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2nded. Much better than dgx 600. Brighter, longer lasting, better made and lighter
And you can get a range of colours rings for them.

105B994B-0DE9-4CF7-9C60-71AFB7CE229E.jpeg

I found their website a bit confusing... What LED configuration would you recommend? I couldn't tell if everything was just out of stock currently.

Sure thing, what diving conditions will you be using it in? I've tried all their LEDS.

I found their website a bit confusing... What LED configuration would you recommend? I couldn't tell if everything was just out of stock currently.
This is the full package. That led module is good. You can buy I without charger if you have your own already.

I got a diverite CX2 as a backup light. It's not small by any means, but with 1700 lumens and a very tight 8 degree beam, it can easily function as a primary on dives where i don't need my bigger light or if it straight up dies before the dive and i don't need a backup for that dive. Especially with USB-C charging and the possibility to power it with 18650 batteries witht he inculded adapter, the leklygood of the CX2 running out of juice is slim enough for me.

Sure thing, what diving conditions will you be using it in? I've tried all their LEDS.
So as mentioned I have the BigBlue 2600 as my primary (which has 120º beam), then ended up grabbing the Xtar D20 as an interim backup which I believe has an 8º beam angle (but can't actually find that info online).

I think ideally this would be a slightly beefier backup, and could be used as a primary in narrow swim through/night dive situations where I want a more focused beam for signalling etc.

As mentioned earlier it’s hard to beat the nitescuba s12, just got the s20 too, pretty nice lights for the $.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom