Slow leak from Scubapro Mk5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

get it in for service ASAP. Having had my Scuba Pro fail at 130ft on the second dive, I lost all confidence in the brand.

So we can assume that you serviced this regulator yourself?

Thanks all for the replies. I dropped it in for a service, with a different tech, after the dive. Fingers crossed it was something straight forward like a o-ring not being seated properly.

Well according to his past posts he is a regulator technician. Perhaps his lack of confidence is due to his current employer not being a Scubapro dealer.

Or maybe it has to do with the fact that I owned this regulator before I was employed at any dive shops? you know, when I first got certified? Oh, wait. I forgot people don't seem to think. But if you must know, It was a regulator that I won in a draw before I became a dive master and it was sent back to the manufacturer and it was found that there was an issue in the metal of the first stage of the regulator. Hmmm, maybe before making assumptions, ask questions before you make an assumption. This was actually the driving force behind my becoming a technician.

---------- Post added May 16th, 2013 at 02:15 PM ----------

So we can assume that you serviced this regulator yourself?

no, you can't assume anything as it was new out of the box and was before I was a technician. But as a super poster, you must know everything right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Or maybe it has to do with the fact that I owned this regulator before I was employed at any dive shops? you know, when I first got certified? Oh, wait. I forgot people don't seem to think. But if you must know, It was a regulator that I won in a draw before I became a dive master and it was sent back to the manufacturer and it was found that there was an issue in the metal of the first stage of the regulator. Hmmm, maybe before making assumptions, ask questions before you make an assumption. This was actually the driving force behind my becoming a technician.

Are you suggesting that rare manufacturing defects (they will occur) are good and sufficient reason to exclude a manufacturer? Or was the "issue' caused by a service error? You seem to be quite evasive about what was wrong with the regulator that caused you to publicly condemn the brand.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was deemed an issue in the first stage body. I was not told much more than that.

---------- Post added May 16th, 2013 at 02:25 PM ----------

Are you suggesting that rare manufacturing defects (they will occur) are good and sufficient reason to exclude a manufacturer? Or was the "issue' caused by a service error? You seem to be quite evasive about what was wrong with the regulator that caused you to publicly condemn the brand.

Simply stated that I had an issue and the guy should get his reg in for service. I am sure scubapro has good gear as they are a large company same as many others and I have a number of friends that are satisfied with their scubapro gear. For me, I am not going to go purchase anymore as a result of my experience of my misfortune. Perhaps I worded it badly, but when you have a failure like that, I tend not to go back for seconds. And it was a brand new set up that "had never been used". Is what I was told at least.

Back
Top Bottom