Slow accent W/O Stop.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matchframe

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The last couple of times I went diving, I went no lower than 30 feet for about 40 minutes. As we made our way back to the pier, we slowly rose to the surface.... about 9 minutes, with out a stop. We basically followed the bottom as it rose going towards the bank.

That night, I had pain in my neck and shoulders, but not the joints. The next morning I was fine. This has happend twice.

Did I mess up by not making the stop?

matchframe:
The last couple of times I went diving, I went no lower than 30 feet for about 40 minutes. As we made our way back to the pier, we slowly rose to the surface.... about 9 minutes, with out a stop. We basically followed the bottom as it rose going towards the bank.

That night, I had pain in my neck and shoulders, but not the joints. The next morning I was fine. This has happend twice.

Did I mess up by not making the stop?
I Think you have "muscular pain" , related to a muscular effort that you are not used to. Any dive table will "let" you dive to 30ft ( 9 Meter ) for much much more than 40 min without stop. They all advise a safety stop. But i think you made a very "conservative" dive, 9 minutes to surface from 9 meter its 1 meter p/minute, quite "conservative" and safe.
Good dives

BD65

badejo65:
I Think you have "muscular pain" , related to a muscular effort that you are not used to. Any dive table will "let" you dive to 30ft ( 9 Meter ) for much much more than 40 min without stop. They all advise a safety stop. But i think you made a very "conservative" dive, 9 minutes to surface from 9 meter its 1 meter p/minute, quite "conservative" and safe.
Good dives

BD65

Thanks!

I thought it was conservative, and everybody else that was on the dive with had no problems.

I guess it is just the nature of getting old! I just need more exercise!

Thanks again!

It could also have been the weight of your rig if you were walking with it on. I think you are just sore and wouldn't worry about it being a hit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom