Sloooow drying boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveandclimb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I got Pinnacle 6mm zippered boots when I was getting certified and for the most part like them alot but after a weekend of diving they take forever to dry. I keep them in a cool dry basement on a rack with a little wire thingy I made to hold them wide open and they are still damp a week later when I go diving again. What gives?

I try to turn my boots inside out. Also you may want to put a fan on them. Cabela's has a boot drying machine, but it may be too warm for neoprene.

I got Pinnacle 6mm zippered boots when I was getting certified and for the most part like them alot but after a weekend of diving they take forever to dry. I keep them in a cool dry basement on a rack with a little wire thingy I made to hold them wide open and they are still damp a week later when I go diving again. What gives?

Basement probably holds humidityand has little circulation. I put my wet suit, wing, booties, etc on the back porch (covered) and they are usually dry by morning.

I have the same problem with my Henderson booties.

I bought a skier's boot and glove drying from Cabelas. It's called the MaxxDry. It works really well for me. Well enough that I take it with me when I'm driving, diving and staying overnight.

I've got a pair of the Henderson Instadry boots and they for sure named them correctly! Couple days consecutive of diving and each time I put them on they are dry. I'm a big fan!

I got a dry doc boot drier from cabelas. it will dry out gloves and boots all at the same time and drying usually takes about 24-30hrs depending on boots.

it will run you about $35-45 depending on the time of year and weather or not its onsale.

I have had mine for about 2 years and it runs about 3 days a week in the summer and 3-7 days a month in the winter to dry my dive gear. I also run it for regular gear too. its still goin strong. T

You can dry your boots for free. Stuff them with newspaper. They will wick away the moisture pretty quick. Just make sure to take out the wet papers and replace them with dry ones.

I have all these crazy boot driers. They can be handy, but considering the price of power - why not choose a low-tech, earth-friendlier method?

I hang them upside-down on our screen porch. That way they are drained when drying. It takes about a day and a half to dry. I keep my "old" boots around, too. They still have some dives left in them. Perfect for those lucky times when I can dive two days in a row, and want a dry pair.

I usually let mine drain upside down untill they stop dripping, then I leave them upside down near, better yet over, the air conditioning register, (cool in the summer and heat in the winter) either season they usually dry in a day or so.

But I like the newspaper idea... I'll have to try that too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom