Slinging bottle on right side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks all. Sounds like I should learn the proper habits from the start and put the bottle on the left side. I'll probably use a DUI weight and trim II for weights, so I like the idea of using the knife or the shears on the right hip to secure the long hose until I get the can light.

your primary reg should have your long hose (7'), which is run off of the right post, down the right side, around your neck, with the excess under the canister light, or in your case, the excess tucked in your right side waist harness. Your backup reg should be on a short hose with a necklace, hanging under your chin. That way, you don't have any hose to bungee. I would start from the get go, wearing the sling bottle on the left side. If you get used to wearing it there from the start, when you eventually use 2 deco bottles, it will be a lot easier to add another to the same side. You'll find that with a little practice it'll seem like second nature. I use 2 deco bottles, both on the left side (O2 on the inside)and have found that I have no problem. As previously stated, switching to the wrong gas is the biggest killer of deco divers and if you start by carrying the bottles on the left side, you won't have to relearn bad(and potentially deadly) habits. I have a D ring on the right side of my backplate, that I attach my reel to. right behind the canister light. It's out of then way, but easy to get to when I need it. Good luck to you and Dive Safe!

Scubydoo713:
your primary reg should have your long hose (7'), which is run off of the right post, down the right side, around your neck, with the excess under the canister light, or in your case, the excess tucked in your right side waist harness. Your backup reg should be on a short hose with a necklace, hanging under your chin. That way, you don't have any hose to bungee. I would start from the get go, wearing the sling bottle on the left side. If you get used to wearing it there from the start, when you eventually use 2 deco bottles, it will be a lot easier to add another to the same side. You'll find that with a little practice it'll seem like second nature. I use 2 deco bottles, both on the left side (O2 on the inside)and have found that I have no problem. As previously stated, switching to the wrong gas is the biggest killer of deco divers and if you start by carrying the bottles on the left side, you won't have to relearn bad(and potentially deadly) habits. I have a D ring on the right side of my backplate, that I attach my reel to. right behind the canister light. It's out of then way, but easy to get to when I need it. Good luck to you and Dive Safe!

Thanks. Nice idea on the d-ring on the backplate for the reel. I'll have to give that a try. To clarify, my backup is on a necklace made of 3/16" bungee around my neck on a 22" hose. Single tank reg, so no left and right posts at the moment.

You may try getting a D-ring Tig welded to your plate for the reel. I welded a D-ring to each side of my plate and keep my primary and backup reels there. They stay out of the way and are easy to grab at.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom