Slide Show Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PapaBob

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I have been experimenting with digital slide shows and want to get some software with capabilities beyond the stuff that came with my camera. My wish list?

Easy bulk import into the program

Compatible with JPEG and TIFF

Good user interface

Lots of set up options in drop down menus

Lets you burn an executable file on CD so your friends can run the slideshow without special software and cannot rip the photos (at least without strong hacking ability)

Lets you burn JPEGs on the CD and run them from an execution file also burned onto the CD; again, without special software. This is for the friends who you want to have access to the JPEGs.

Being able to add background music would be nice but not required.

DVD player compatible burn would be nice but not requred.

I know ROXIO and NERO have media products but I don't know much about them. Has anyone had a hand at shareable CD slideshows?

---Bob

I like a program called Pic2Exe. I'm not sure about TIFF but I think it fits all your other criteria.

Pic2exe is a good and cheap program. I've seen better, but at a substantial increase in price. It will work with JPG, GIF or BMP format, but will not work with TIFF.

I've been using Sonic MyDVD, which came with my CD burner.

It lets you do transitions, music overs, add menus etc etc, and output to DVD, VCD, CD etc.

Slideshows are limited to 99 images though - bummer!!

Where have you been? We've missed you!

I have been using "My Photo Slide Show Gold". It handles jpeg's and is easy to use. The free version has nagware like most but the "Gold" version is around $20. It also creates an .exe file which is a convenient format for sharing photos with others in that any PC can open it w/o first installing a program.

CD Portal is freeware by a guy in Denmark. It creates a nice CD ROM autorun program with a variety of design features including the ability to use your own photo, or graphic (incl. animated gifs) on the opening screen. It makes for a neat presentation of the slide shows etc. on your burned CD ROM for the viewer to click on. I found it a bit confusing to use at first. It only has the ability to save one design in the default folder but you can create another folder to save multiple designs in if needed.

Thanks for the info. I will check some of the programs out. TIFF is not essential cause JPGs are easy to create and save.

---Bob

I use pic2exe also. Great, and easy program to use. Incorporates music into the slideshow-and evenly spaces the slide to fit the music (if you want).

I like the way you can drag & drop the images and the soundtrack. You can even have it automatically synch the images & the soundtrack.

You can also have it autorun for video AND on your PC. Good stuff for my relatives who have older versions of Windows.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom