Sleaze in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was always taught a steady stream of bubbles helps the boat captain keep track of the group.....

This would require coordination.......inhale while off gassing. Otherwise you would have one big bubble that would rise quickly. Hope the boat capt. isn't smoking when it hits the surface:mooner:

and Chief wonders why he never sees the good stuff! Between the superman pose, the "offgassing", and trying to find a place to hide that last bottle of tequila... face it, you scare em away. Heck you're starting to scare me! :wink:

Well, I agree, usually there are at least two sides to something - but in this case, there really isn't any room. The info I provided is factual and correct and is not in dispute.

Now, he DID say something to the effect of, "Well, you did get the training you paid for..." which is true. However, I wasn't JUST paying for training. And, in case you're wondering, it's not a case of "not passing" or having paid and expecting the card no matter what. Guy came right out and said he thought I was in the top 10% and was a clear pass, etc. etc. So, not the issue. In case you were wondering.

Anyway - I think his bottom line was that I got trained, the associated c-card didn't really matter. Easy position to take I guess.

Well... Alright then.... *cough* *cough*

After one of those, you don't want to cough too hard....

Well, I agree, usually there are at least two sides to something - but in this case, there really isn't any room. The info I provided is factual and correct and is not in dispute.

Now, he DID say something to the effect of, "Well, you did get the training you paid for..." which is true. However, I wasn't JUST paying for training. And, in case you're wondering, it's not a case of "not passing" or having paid and expecting the card no matter what. Guy came right out and said he thought I was in the top 10% and was a clear pass, etc. etc. So, not the issue. In case you were wondering.

Anyway - I think his bottom line was that I got trained, the associated c-card didn't really matter. Easy position to take I guess.
If it was like most courses, doing the training was more work than learning - and you have to repeat the work as well as the payment to get it from an honest Inst. A complete refund would only be a partial settlement. :mad:

I would argue that you not only didn't get the c-card, you also didn't get the training you paid for, since they are not authorized to provide it irrespective of whether it was NAUI, PADI, GUE or whatever.

This would require coordination.......inhale while off gassing. Otherwise you would have one big bubble that would rise quickly. Hope the boat capt. isn't smoking when it hits the surface:mooner:

ROFLMAO!!!! Thank-you. I haven't found much to laugh about lately and you guys crack me up!!!!! Thank-you Some folks just take themselves WAY to seriously!!!!

I was always taught a steady stream of bubbles helps the boat captain keep track of the group.....

And the "jet propulsion" means you're not swimming, which will improve your SAC rate.

I realise it's a distinctive odor, but would the PADI Deep Offgassing course count as a Distinctive Speciality?

Can you use this technique to hold position against a current? How much current?

Do you need a DPV C-Card to eat the beans?

Back
Top Bottom