SLA Battery replacements for can light locally

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm trying to find a replacement battery for my Proteus 3 HID can light locally (Maui or Oahu) I've found it online, but the cheapest shipping I can find is $54 :( (some want nearly $80 shipping for a 2# battery ... what are they thinking?)

Anyone know where I might look to find one? The battery is a 12v 2.9ah Powersonic PS-1229

Doesn't need to be the same battery, but needs to be the same size. 7"x1.34"x2.4" (same voltage too - lol)

Aloha, Tim

Tim,
I use a light with the same battery. I ended up going online and getting one. It only took 3 days. I went to www.mircobattery.com I ended up getting the Powersonic PS-1220 wich is 12v 2.5ah at $23.00 ea. I got two for my light and shipping was only $13.25

The last time I need a couple I tried local, but it ended up being a special order and it took two weeks for it to arrive and cost $30.00 each.

Hope it helps,

Tom

Thanks Tom,

I usually go to batteries.com but there website has been down the last few days. Today they were finally back up, so I got one there for $12.95 + $10.24 shipping. It's only a 2.2 Ah but I rarely use a light for more than one dive at a time. If that changes I'll pick up a second one.

Good to know about microbattery.com too now.

Aloha, Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom