Skunked.....on 2 dives this week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

porgyhunter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
dove the sandwich jetty Mon. Vis around 10ft Water COLD....Lobsters really hiding out with only glimpes of smalls. Saw 2 nice Tog but outg of range. Dove Scusett jetty Today....Same thing COLD...Lobster almost nonexistant really burrowed in ...no fish life around either..saw 1 small flat. Vis today about 10ft....I hate these labador currents:shakehead:

Wow Porgy I'm surprised you didn't see anything at Scusset I have been there for the past three weekends and have been seeing a lot of small fish a striped bass a seal a few crabs no lobsters though. And one day thousands of minnows. All though this past Sunday was just too choppy along the rocks and lots of sea weed. I did see a boat flying a dive flag across the canal on the sandwich jetty. I am only snorkeling from the beach towing my kids to show them the fish, they love it there. I even have been bringing my camera to practice with it. Still debating hauling my full gear the 1200' from the parking lot out to the shore. But I shot some video. :D

http://youtu.be/hSMQGDiD5kM

Hey Augk.....Neat Vid.....Yeah thats what I'am talking about No little fishies anywhere! Fun place to bring kids.....Do you see an Anchor about a third of the way out? Can you ever make some morning or afternoon dives? My boats all set and I'am tried of Solo! PM me

I have not seen an anchor but I haven't been looking for one but now I will :D The day I shot that video is the same day the seal showed up so I was reluctant to go further out since it was heading in and was injured.

As Wayne says in Waynes World...CCHHAAA! I don't EVEN want to know if there are any Whites near Scusett...especially when the Vis was like yesterday:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom