Sizing neck seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have recently ordered a DUI TLS 350 and now have a dilemma. Both suits I have dived in so far had zip seals, and both supposedly fit my neck. One however was comfortable around my neck, no real squeeze. The other one was much tighter, yet the person who fit me in this one said it needs to be tight to avoid leaks. While I did get leaks in the first suit, it wasn't from the neck.

So does the assembled multitude think I should follow the owners manual from DUI and cut it to my neck size, or should I make it tighter. Mine won't have zip seals so I sure don't want it to cut it too loose.

My understanding is that most folks cut them a bit on the tight side, the stretch the seal overnight on an appropriate sized tank or other round object.

Or just leave it tight and pass out at depth?

I don't think it should be so tight your face turns red OR blue.

Ahh...cutting the seals...a scary thing. I had the manager of my LDS trim my seals for me when my suit came in. He followed the manual and trimmed them to what they said...and they've been perfect - comfortable *and* leak-free.

Neck seals will usually need some trimming, though on the bellows style they do come in 3 different sizes - tight, tighter, and *gasp*.
Latex take on very little permanent set, but they do stretch just a hair over time.
They should be comfy enough to wear for 8 - 10 hours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom