Sizing DUI dry suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For another data point I am 6'0' about 190. Have a DUI TLS 350 size large and it fits almost perfectly. I would like a little more room across the shoulders to make it easier to get off,but for diving it works great.

The best thing you can do is to go to a local dealer and get measured up. I was tempted to get an off the peg size and ended up getting a maid to measure TLS 350.

I never regetted paying the little extra for a suit that lasted the best part of six years of rigorous diving.

Thanks guys, I am going with a Viking suit. It is what I am use to using.

Too late for your decision, but for what it's worth, I just tried on DUI rentals recently (I think they rent 350s) and while I'm clearly XL on the chart, the XL was enormous on me, while the Large fit very nicely. I'm 6'3", 185#.

I was at our world underwater and tried on 3 suits. An XL tls350, L tls350, and XL CF200. I had already ordered an XL CLX450 and was a bit paranoid that it wouldn't fit when I got it.
I had the dui reps measure me and got all 3 of them to give input on whether or not I'd need a custom suit. The reps were absolutely outstanding in helping me. We concluded that I was borderline on whether or not to get a custom size.
I am 6' 1.5" tall and 215 lbs. Measured at 46.5" shoulders and 37.5" waist and I think 42.5" hips. I was surpised at the waist/hips measurement even though I have put on 15 lbs this past year. Whatever you do don't go by your pants size. That isn't real! I wear 34" jeans but the tape measurer shows that isn't accurate.
I had on jeans and a t-shirt when trying on suits. I tried the tls first. The XL tls350 was too big. both too tall and too wide everywhere but my shoulders. I thought I was screwed on the clx450 order now. I tried on the L tls350 and nice everywhere but the shoulders. No way I could get it on and off alone and getting an undergarment in there would be a real tight squeeze which would limit my reach. They didn't have a clx450 in XL for me but told me sizing was very very close to the tls. I tried a CF200x in XL and that fit quite nice actually. It was slimmer than the other suits which is good and would also stretch slightly for my shoulders. The legs were surprisingly tighter and one rep didn't think I could fit a 400 undergarment in there and he was probably right.
I just got my clx450 in last night. To my relief it is the best option for me in a stock size and is a keeper. As the reps said, an XL would probably be an inch too tall for me and it probably is but it is certainly livable. The waist and hips are probably a good 2" too big for me at least but it is certainly manageable. Looks like a great suit and I think I'll be glad that I put money toward some options like zip seals, 2 pockets, dry gloves instead of a custom cut.
If anyone wants me to post all the measurements they took for frame of reference let me know and I'll find that sheet at home and write them here.

My medium TLS 350 fit me perfectly at 6'1" and 180lbs and lasted for over six years. I did my initial training in a Viking suit but found the TLS much more comfortable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom