Sizing DUI dry suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

muddiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone know if DUI dry suits are cut true to size, or do they run larger or smaller. I am 6'-0" and I am trying to decide if a large would fit me, or if I really need to go to an XL or LT.

Depends on how much lamp oil you are carrying. I wear a TLS350 XL pretty comfortably at 6'2, 215LBS.

Thanks for the input

It also depends on WHICH DUI suit you're looking at.

350 TriLam's are cut generous

450's not so much

200's are a little tighter because they strech.

I've gone down the line, trying on a Med in each of these, and I can say without hesitation that a Med is not a Med is not a Med.

Fit within size depends on the suit.

---
Ken

A DUI dealer can take specific measurements from you and can fax the info to DUI who then can tell you if you'll fit a stock suit and if so what size.

Going to a DUI Dealer is the best bet.... but...I there is not one in your area.....

I just picked up a 350 myself.. I'm 5'10 - 200lbs. I went for the large because of the height listed for the Med. As it turns out, the large was huge on me so I ended up getting the Med and It fits perfect.. (the telescoping torso on the 350s allow for a little more height)

I'm 6'2" and 185 and a TLS-350 fits me perfectly height-wise. On paper I should be several inches too tall for it, but as another poster mentioned the telescoping torso helps. Though I wear 36" sleeves on dress shirts and the arms on the DUI are fine too.

Maybe a bit more material around the middle than I need, but the off-the-rack suit fit well enough that going custom didn't make sense, and I put that money towards the sport package on the stock suit.

I had a Bare HD Tech ML/Tall and found that it wasn't tall enough, even though on paper it should have fit fine. Go figure!

yeah. I'm 5'8 170. the Medium 450 was cut a little close. I have big shoulders (drummer) and a big butt with short inseam (genetics) and it was just a little tight.

The OTR 350 is a perfect fit.

I'm currently diving a LG Short CF200. Perfect from the waist down, a little long in the sleeves and torso, but the shoulders fit pretty good. Its the most comfy suit I've ever worn.

As other have and will say, you gotta go try them on.

---
Ken

I fit almost comfortably in a size medium. I'm 6'2", and very stringy. If you dont' know already, you can see DUI's sizing recommendations here.

If you're real serious about DUI, I'd suggest going to one of their DOG days rallies. They suit you up and you can test all the sizing you want (and also figure out if you think the extra expense of a DUI is worth it).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom