Size of booty relative to wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikyyo

Contributor
Reaction score
Just bought a pair of Harvey titanium 6.5 ml booties. Only ones I could get to fit me. I was just wondering what, if any, relevence the thickness of the booty is to the thickness of the wet suit. Most of my diving is done in a 3mm full suit in the tropics. Will I be ok with the 6.5? Doesn't seem like it should be a problem.

I wear my 7mm boots with both my 7mm and my 3mm suit, since they are what fits my fins. The only difference is that I have my 7mm legs over my boots, and my 3mm suit has the boots over the legs.

I wear my 5mm boots with my 5mm fullsuit, 0.5mm suit, and even when doing pool work in a swimsuit and t-shirt. I've never had a problem with my feet "overheating". As Atomic said, with the thicker suit the booties tuck into the suit legs, and with the thinner suit the suit legs tuck into the booties.

Mark

I used to dive 5mm booties with a 3mm wetsuit. Not a problem, but I have since moved on to full foot fins and like them much better for warm water boat diving, sandy beach and dock entries.

hi
i was wondering if you could tell me where you got the large haveys boots from as i am struggeling to find anything to fit me...thanks sasas:D

nikyyo:
Just bought a pair of Harvey titanium 6.5 ml booties. Only ones I could get to fit me. I was just wondering what, if any, relevence the thickness of the booty is to the thickness of the wet suit. Most of my diving is done in a 3mm full suit in the tropics. Will I be ok with the 6.5? Doesn't seem like it should be a problem.

I use my full weight booties from trunks to 7mm, no problems.

Since you say that you emphasis is on the tropics I would only change the booties if you have floaty feet.

Pete

nikyyo:
I was just wondering what, if any, relevence the thickness of the booty is to the thickness of the wet suit.

Not much to do with the wetsuit thickness, but if you have a really thick booty you may have to move up a wetsuit size, or consider a custom made suit.

I don't think you'll have a problem with the thickness either.
If your feet get cold, they'll help with that too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom