size does matter ~ sizing p-valve caths

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I called in an order without having thought about it at all. When the woman placing the order asked, "What size do you need?" I told her I didn't know and they were happy to ship me a sample pack with two of each size in it.

*groan*

I so hope that none of the girls will ever peek into this thread...

But seriously, starting from what divetime do you have to have a P-Valve in a drysuit? I am not a drysuit diver myself, but I reckon, that this would be optional equipment, right?

**ping**:
But seriously, starting from what divetime do you have to have a P-Valve in a drysuit? I am not a drysuit diver myself, but I reckon, that this would be optional equipment, right?
It is optional for most sub-hour dives and those with *capacity*. However for longer dives, cold water dives and especially for divers who like to be well hydrated p-valves are essential.

If you are diving deeper and incurring a deco obligation that puts the surface out of reach then you 1) certainly want to be well hydrated 2) will need to relieve yourself 3) don't need the extra *pressure* of having to pee!

I've known folks to abbreviate the amount of time they should have taken on ascent because they needed to relieve themselves. The extra anxiety this causes isn't good either. I've also known divers who have deliberately under-hydrated themselves to avoid having to go pee.

Uncle Pug:
It is optional for most sub-hour dives and those with *capacity*. However for longer dives, cold water dives and especially for divers who like to be well hydrated p-valves are essential.
Essential maybe, but not a practical (or even practicable for most) option for a large population of the dive community. :frown:

Someday. Maybe. Hopefully....
Uncle Pug:
I've known folks to abbreviate the amount of time they should have taken on ascent because they needed to relieve themselves. The extra anxiety this causes isn't good either. I've also known divers who have deliberately under-hydrated themselves to avoid having to go pee.
I've done all of the above :11:

I've also learned to shuck the gear and drysuit in record time after surfacing :D

You would think one of the major manufacturers of drysuits would come up with a solution for this.....

I guess for now....what is the buoyancy characteristics of Depends? :)

Snowbear:
Essential maybe, but not a practical (or even practicable for most) option for a large population of the dive community. :frown:

Someday. Maybe. Hopefully....

I've done all of the above :11:

I've also learned to shuck the gear and drysuit in record time after surfacing :D

Snowbear- I feel your pain!!!!
I too have gotten darn good at shedding the drysuit in a hurry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom