size does matter ~ sizing p-valve caths

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jjwdiver:
When sizing, go with the first measurement. Some may tend to get different results if sizing more than once.

Seriously, I and several of my buddies use the Rochester Medical Wide Band style. You dont need extra adhesive and they come off in a couple of days.
*** in a couple days , what do you do till then , i'm beginning to reconsider becoming a dry diver.

terrasmak:
*** in a couple days , what do you do till then , i'm beginning to reconsider becoming a dry diver.
He's kidding, of course. Don't worry, they'll come right off after the dives, with a chisel and hammer.

I also got free samples from Mentor. They sent 7. Rochester sent 4 samples, including the tubing, adapter, catch bag and a sizing card.

The wide bands are great until you have to take them off. Just be sure your trim is good. (not talking about the in water trim either.. :0 )

The Rochester wide bands are an all-day type of thing. I put it on before heading out to the lake, then after the day of diving I take it off in the hot shower. No problem, unless you haven't "mowed the lawn". If the grass on the green is too long its not worth putting! In other words...trim the hedge or the adhesive does it for you. Ever pull a nose hair out accidentally.....this is worse!

The sample I got from Rochester sent 4 each of 3 sizes.

I'm afraid if I post any of the comments that are running through my head I would end up with a permenant vacation from SCUBA Board.

But I do have to Second Snowbear's comment, I can't believe in an age where we can figure out how to let astronauts pee in space, we can't figure out a fesible p-valve for women.

jjwdiver:
The Rochester wide bands are an all-day type of thing. I put it on before heading out to the lake, then after the day of diving I take it off in the hot shower.
I've only used the Mentors 'cause my LDS bought a case just for me, so I feel kind of obligated to buy most of them before I try the Wide Bands. When I first got the valve I had a couple of blow-offs due to improper routing, but once I got that straightened out (literally) they've worked perfectly.

I well remember the horrible thought that ran through my head as I was sizing caths for myself and looked at the sizes... Small, Medium, Large and Infant/Geriatric! Just one more testament to the veracity of "Aging ain't for wimps."
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom