SiTech Neck Ring on Whites Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taath

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I have a Whites Fusion Bullet drysuit with SLT on the neck and wrists. Overall I love the suit, however, I find that the neck ring (the Necktite system) is a bit rigid for my liking.

Contemplating sending the suit in to have the neck ring switched out to the newer Quick Neck system. Anyone have experience with both? Is the newer Quick Neck system a lot more flexible and comfortable than the older rigid Necktite?

Thanks,
Taath

The Quick neck is supposed to be vastly superior, my buddy has the Quick Neck and loves it. I am planning on installing it on my Fusion!

Hi all,

I have a Whites Fusion Bullet drysuit with SLT on the neck and wrists. Overall I love the suit, however, I find that the neck ring (the Necktite system) is a bit rigid for my liking.

Contemplating sending the suit in to have the neck ring switched out to the newer Quick Neck system. Anyone have experience with both? Is the newer Quick Neck system a lot more flexible and comfortable than the older rigid Necktite?

Thanks,
Taath
I looked into this too. I have the fusion plus necktite. Conclusion from the shop was that it would require a lot of work and be extremely difficult and expensive with no guarantee it would work. So havent bothered. Its ok underwater just on land its a pain. Makes reaching valves more difficult in backmount though. Would he really interested to hear how you get on if you have it done though.

I have the Quick Neck on my USIA Techniflex. I love it, but I have nothing else to compare it to.

I dont think there is enough real estate left once you have removed the neck ring to attached the new system.

I hang my Fusion on a hanger to encourage the ring to bend over time resulting in a more comfortable fit.

I looked into this too. I have the fusion plus necktite. Conclusion from the shop was that it would require a lot of work and be extremely difficult and expensive with no guarantee it would work. So havent bothered. Its ok underwater just on land its a pain. Makes reaching valves more difficult in backmount though. Would he really interested to hear how you get on if you have it done though.

I would see what @Dive Right In Scuba has to say about it. If it has the one ring system on it, I would think you could simply remove it and install the newer model. I guess it depends on how the other ring was installed to begin with. But, if there is someone that knows about Fusions and Si-Tech accessories it is DRIS.

I would see what @Dive Right In Scuba has to say about it. If it has the one ring system on it, I would think you could simply remove it and install the newer model. I guess it depends on how the other ring was installed to begin with. But, if there is someone that knows about Fusions and Si-Tech accessories it is DRIS.
No its not possible to do that hence the problem. Its the neck tight system. Do you have this suit and system?

No its not possible to do that hence the problem. Its the neck tight system. Do you have this suit and system?

I do have a Fusion, I do NOT have a neck tight system. Was not aware that it was required to own prior to letting you know DRIS is vastly known to solve issues with Fusion suits and accessories. But hey, you seem to have this under control, more power to you.

I do have a Fusion, I do NOT have a neck tight system. Was not aware that it was required to own prior to letting you know DRIS is vastly known to solve issues with Fusion suits and accessories. But hey, you seem to have this under control, more power to you.
I am a great fan of the suit and I love it. The Neck Tite system was the best think going at the time if you wanted silicon seals on it, unfortunately as a previous poster has said there just isnt enough slack in the neck to fit the new one. Its a pity but not a deal breaker. I wouldnt change.

I had the Neck Tite system installed in my Fusion when the suit was new, but the neck ring was just too stiff for me. So I had DRIS remove the Neck Tite and replace it with a conventional latex neck seal. I can't tell for sure just by looking, but not sure why another ring system couldn't be fitted to replace the conventional neck seal, there seems to be enough material. I might try the Quick Neck system someday when I need to replace the current seal. Maybe DRIS will comment on what's possible here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom