SiTech (Latex or Silicone) vs. Neoprene wrist seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Custom neoprene neck seal and user replaceable latex wrist seals (and drygloves)

My first set of silicone seals came from the factory permeated with pinprick holes that weren't visible until they were stretched. Then the seal looked like Swiss cheese. After going through 3 sets of seals in a month (which include using talc and silicone seal saver) I gave up on them and went back to latex. The simple act of putting a finger in the wrist seal from the outside to allow me to retract my hand through it when removing my suit would tear it from top to bottom.

-Adrian

Si-Tech wrist systems are great...but not the Antares system. I have both, and the Viking system which is my favorite, but it doesn't allow replaceable wrist seals.

Silicon is excellent for the neck seal, but I tear the wrist seals too easily and will just stick with latex there.

I will do the same. when it comes time to replace the neck seal, I'll have the Sitech replaceable seal installed.

I'll stick with the Santi bottle wrist seals, and Viking rings.

I will do the same. when it comes time to replace the neck seal, I'll have the Sitech replaceable seal installed.

I'll stick with the Santi bottle wrist seals, and Viking rings.

I questioned Santi about this option and they said they don't recommend the Neck Tite for the E.Motion as it apparently reduces flexibility.

Quote:

"Can I have the sitech Neck Tite system fitted from your factory? Yes, you can. However we do not recommend it for E.Motion dry suit. It makes the dry suit less flexible."

This of course may not be so much of an issue single tank diving I'm not sure.

I have the Sitech silicone wrist and neck seals and have no problem with either? They seem very hardy?

Peter-C - Why not Antares?

Seems like no matter if it's silicone or latex you're going to have a tear at some point. If you don't need the dry glove why not just go with neoprene then?

With that said, I don't believe you can get neoprene wrist seals on the Santi suits.

The Antares system is a pain in the butt to get it off, and especially with the silicon as it slips. When I wash my drysuit I put the gloves on. Then getting them back off I have to put my arm into the suit and twist. The tabs that lock in are weak, and a few people have complained of them breaking. The oval part is nice, but that is about it. I will admit I have had zero leaks so far, but if I had to do it over again, I would not go with the Antares system again.

Peter - thanks for the comments - I had just started a new thread asking about the Antares. I have a couple os drysuits with the oval ring system fitted already but no dry glove system - do you by chance know if I can just pop out the oval ring and fit the Antares without any other changes ?

Is the main problem you have had in getting them back off, once sealed or have there been other problems ? cheers Phil

Thanks Bro!
So much for that future plan. :wink:

I questioned Santi about this option and they said they don't recommend the Neck Tite for the E.Motion as it apparently reduces flexibility.

Quote:

"Can I have the sitech Neck Tite system fitted from your factory? Yes, you can. However we do not recommend it for E.Motion dry suit. It makes the dry suit less flexible."

This of course may not be so much of an issue single tank diving I'm not sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom