SiTech Exhaust valve question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DDKL

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All,

I’m looking at an older suit that has SiTech Valves and have a question.

I’ve only used Apeks valves in the past and those were all stepped with clicks as they were turned.

Should a SiTech valve click or not when it is turned? How easily should it turn? This is an older example but looks to be the same outer style as recent ones - not the much older style.

Thanks,

D.

not as noticeable as the apeks and it should turn a little easier too

After spinning it back and forth I can hear quiet clicks but it’s definitely less noticeable. It’s more audible when opening it quickly. The Apeks have clear stops each click and I could count the clicks to a set point but this feels more like a smooth turn with some clicks in the background...

Does this seem normal?

It’s on what’s going to be a backup/travel suit and doesn’t need to be perfect as long as it’s functional.

If the valve is working correctly I would not be bothered.

The clicks will seem much louder under water.

Never had the Apex valve. But both of my SiTech are very mild clicks. I can run the SiTechs full open and not leak (I hear that is an issue witht eh Apex). I generally start full open and close down only when a little more warmth (air) is needed in the suit. Give them a flick on the surface and add a bunch of air to the suit for floatation.

^^^Never had problems or leaks with my valves, same with those diving with me.

Back
Top Bottom