Sister of diver down

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blgcarter

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi I am a sister of Tim Loveria who died October 30th, 2007. He was an experienced diver working in Utah. We still have soooo many questions. But here is a picture of my bud.
He was so proud of his helmet. He got this August 2007. I do not think he was able to use it yet, when he died.
Any imput would be appreciated.
Thanks for caring and thanks to all for your prayers and concern.

Brenda

Attachments

• TimothyLoveria.jpg
    TimothyLoveria.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 529
WELCOME to :sblogo:

Thanks for coming on board! Sometimes answers can take a long time coming. When we lose a diver, it's a huge loss for our dive family and we all feel sadness, even if we did not know the family personally. I hope things will get better for you and your family. Always cherish the memories that keep a smile in your heart. I have attatched a poem that always has comforted me, and as divers, it truly helps you understand how lucky we are to have experienced the world from in the blue!

Descent

Oh, I have shrugged off the noise and calamity of modern day
and floated through the depths on bubble-glistening fins.
Downward I have drifted and joined the ebb and flow of wind-driven currents,
and done a thousand things you would never have dreamed of.
Dipping and swooping deep in the limpid pools of silent seas,
Floating…. Drifting….
I've chased shimmering schools of fish,
laughed through coral-carpeted canyons,
and eased my rubber-covered body through the floorless oceans of blue.
Deeper and deeper into the bone-chilling depths
I've descended to the sand covered bottom of the universe,
with peaceful reserve, where sunshine nor rain have ever danced.
And…. While with silent questioning mind,
I've slipped through the blue un-trespassed serenity of the heavenly sea,
Raised up my face
and felt the cool embrace of God

Many blessings,
Carolyn:sharks:

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for the death of your brother! My thoughts are with you!!

Sorry to hear about your brother.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

moved to Passings..

Thank you for the poem. Tim did indeed love being in the water. I guess it could be an escape from all the "above" hectic world. I have never dived with equipment, but all 6 of us children were put in the water at a young age. We used to joke that our fingers were permantely "wrinkled" because we lived in the pool, etc.
PS. I think sharks are one of the most fascinating creatures ever created.
Thanks again for you care and support.

Hi I am a sister of Tim Loveria who died October 30th, 2007. He was an experienced diver working in Utah. We still have soooo many questions. But here is a picture of my bud.
He was so proud of his helmet. He got this August 2007. I do not think he was able to use it yet, when he died.
Any imput would be appreciated.
Thanks for caring and thanks to all for your prayers and concern.

Brenda
I join others here in offering my condolences; very sorry for your loss of such a fine young man. I read some of the stories about your brother; very impressive.

In case you do not know how to best Google-search for articles on your bud, I hope this may help....
(1) Go to Google in the search box paste "Tim Loveria" with the quotes so it will yield only articles about him;
(2) You will notice in that list a discussion thread here on SB in the Accidents forum. I read over that, but with virtually not information - there was only speculation in the discussion. Should you read over that thread, keep in mind that we try to respectfully discuss accidents so as to prevent future ones. Condolences are not allowed in the forum, but they still get posted - and allowed. If any statements look odd, please accept there is no criticism intended - just puzzlement.
(3) You'll also see an article from CDNN which is a site with as little credibility as the National Enquirer. I did not read it; anything fourd in it should not be believed until confirmed.

I do hope that helps some. Please click my name over my photo to get a link to Private Message me if I can help here....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom