Sinus Surgery, thinking about it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi

Back home after two nights at hospital.

Today I was so scare for the package removal…but was really nothing.

Did not feel any pain at all or had a bleeding.

But to be honest the surgery it is not so simple as I thought as I feel really tired..and had some bad moments at the hospital wondering if I took the right decision.

Fortunately I could breath from the nose although it is swollen and I can feel the scars.

I guess will take sometime to recover,,

Kind Regards

2 nights at the hospital?

I think it was less than 3 months to be back to diving (Dr. cleared it). It took it well over a year to heal (I had reconstructive surgery with cadaver bone). Honestly my nose still feels different than it did, numb in spots. I'm glad I got it... it's nice to be able to breath

2 nights at the hospital?

I think it was less than 3 months to be back to diving (Dr. cleared it). It took it well over a year to heal (I had reconstructive surgery with cadaver bone). Honestly my nose still feels different than it did, numb in spots. I'm glad I got it... it's nice to be able to breath
Yes two nights. Why you wonder?

Around two months to be back to water and try the differences.

Yes two nights. Why you wonder?

Around two months to be back to water and try the differences.

Still not sure I understand. My fairly invasive surgery was ~ 2hrs long and my total time in the hospital was around ~ 5 hrs. Back to the water in a little over 2 months.

Still not sure I understand. My fairly invasive surgery was ~ 2hrs long and my total time in the hospital was around ~ 5 hrs. Back to the water in a little over 2 months.
Was it with general anesthesia?.
Perhaps is the protocol this doc follows, perhaps this way they could claim more money to the insurance..
The doc told me that to avoid any complications he prefers to release people with my surgery once he can remove the packaging.

Was it with general anesthesia?.
Perhaps is the protocol this doc follows, perhaps this way they could claim more money to the insurance..
The doc told me that to avoid any complications he prefers to release people with my surgery once he can remove the packaging.

Yes Sir, they knocked me out cold and gave me lots of drugs after. All 3 of my sinus surgeries were the same, out the same day.

I had a fungus infection of the sinuses that ultimately got resolved via surgery. Determination was that it was before the bone erosion got too bad. Ended up spending the night in PACU as no beds. Always fun.

Today exactly a week since I went through the process.
At this moment although nose is fill of nostrils I could breath relatively well through it. The only problem is some disconfort I got over the top of my eyes from time to time.
I just went to the doc today and he told me everything is healing properly and did not provide any impostance to the eyes disconfort / 'pain'.
He has been through this process during 30 years and I got many good reference about him so I guess I should not overworry.
To be honest I have been wondering many times if I took the righ decition ; it is not a painfull process at all but it is very very unpleasent and unconfortable.
I fact ;until Friday I was very weak... guess is normal and perhaps is my lack of experience in one..
Hope I could tell in a few months that was pretty worthy.

Today it has been like a big step forward.
I feel much better and the eyes discomfort it is gone.
The surgeon told me that on Wednesday, 9 days I could return back to exercises…I feel like is too early as I have read that after two weeks return to 50% at the third week at full.
Any thoughts?

Hi All

A long time I don´t post.

I've been 3 times underwater recently:

1. 11 m depth just felt some disconfort.
2. 12 m depth , very well going down to 12 and staying at that dept but when going up to 3 and coming back to 10 felt the pain I used to have before the surgery.
3. 3 days after second dive I woke up with conjuntivitis in both eyes but went diving to 22m. Felt some disconfort at 6 m that dissapeared after holding at that depth before going deeper.

Today I woke with a terrible conjuntivitis and had to go to the oftamologist who told me that it seems I have a viral or bacterial conjuntivitis . He prescribed some drops and seems like I am much better.

Really scare thinking that the conjuntivitis could have been cause by the diving and the surgery.

To be honest I am so far pretty dissapointed with the decisision considering benefits and problems.

Not sure If I am been impatient or just it did not work as espected.

Hope to share better news in future.

The only good point is that even with some disconfort I am able to go down while before I needed a iburoprofen 2 hours before but anyway I did not go through the operation for this results.

On the good size must mention that the equalization of ears is easier although I did not presented major issues before.

Cheers.

Hi All

A long time I don´t post.

I've been 3 times underwater recently:

1. 11 m depth just felt some disconfort.
2. 12 m depth , very well going down to 12 and staying at that dept but when going up to 3 and coming back to 10 felt the pain I used to have before the surgery.
3. 3 days after second dive I woke up with conjuntivitis in both eyes but went diving to 22m. Felt some disconfort at 6 m that dissapeared after holding at that depth before going deeper.

Today I woke with a terrible conjuntivitis and had to go to the oftamologist who told me that it seems I have a viral or bacterial conjuntivitis . He prescribed some drops and seems like I am much better.

Really scare thinking that the conjuntivitis could have been cause by the diving and the surgery.

To be honest I am so far pretty dissapointed with the decisision considering benefits and problems.

Not sure If I am been impatient or just it did not work as espected.

Hope to share better news in future.

The only good point is that even with some disconfort I am able to go down while before I needed a iburoprofen 2 hours before but anyway I did not go through the operation for this results.

On the good size must mention that the equalization of ears is easier although I did not presented major issues before.

Cheers.

I've had 3 surgeries. I still take ibuprofen and usually some type of Sudafed type medicine before dives. It's not perfect by any stretch but I can breathe at night.

I don't know if I've ever heard from anyone that had bad sinuses that surgery made them perfect... they've made them better, but not perfect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom