Sinus infections after diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Went to see the ENT today.

Doctor said that my sinuses looked ok. He went on to say that I did not seem to be having sinus infections, it was more likely upper respitory infection if anything. There has not really been any pain in my sinus area when I was having these problems after diving.

The doctor also said that I dont really have any signs of allergies either.

Here are his suggestions for somelike like myself with sinus drainage issues after diving:

1. Take vitamin C on a regular basis (2x500mg). Double the intake when exeriencing drainage problems.

2. Take Sudafed as needed for congestion.

3. Take GUAIFENESIN (prescription) to thin out drainage. Can also get prescription for GUAIFENEX which also has decongestant like Sudafed.

4. Drink LOTS AND LOTS of water. :)

The last thing the doctor mentioned is to come back in for visit when I experience this problem again and they would take a "SAMPLE" to test for bacteria or viral infection.

Well, at least it looks like nothing serious at this point with my sinus area at this time.

--scubadawg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom