• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Sinking a boat with minimal damage

Discussion in 'Boats and Boating Equipment' started by JackOfDiamonds, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Bob DBF

Bob DBF Solo Diver

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    :saw:

:):):)

Now to clean up the keyboard.

Bob

2. lowlysubaruguy

lowlysubaruguy Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    You should invite me over

After watching half a dozen or more boats sink the big issue you’ll have is getting it to sink where and how you want it. Ok I should explain I fish very rough water and we anchor short lines and very close together. There’s more to this story I’ll just state it’s very aggressive fishing here at times. I see a boat sink every few years. Most roll side to side then the rear sinks straight down at least in boats say under 25 feet. Some float belly up as well. Place your weights side to side with some in the center front to rear and start filling it with water when it’s sinking evenly but floating stop adding water tow it to where you want it and fill it with water you should be able to control the way it sinks like this remove all forms of flotation i would screw cylinder heads into the hull or floorboard easy enough to find easier to move into a boat than a block. Screwing then in place will keep them where you want them if it lists when sinking. Just grab some construction screws or lag bolts and your impact driver start screwing them in place.

3. gbf

gbf Manta Ray

Any report on this? I've been waiting breathlessly for a report

This has all the appearances of a youtube moment, or as we say down south

"Hold my beer and watch this shxt"

4. rhwestfall

rhwestfall Solo Diver

# of Dives: 200 - 499
  5. abnfrog

abnfrog Tech Instructor

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    yes I sank one for training drill holes in the bow for air to get out put rocks in it pull the plug down she goes straight as an arrow

rhwestfall likes this.