Sink the Stink - Get a bootie dryer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stuff newsprint into them and change when it gets wet. Repeat until dry.

I cut pieces of pool noodles and shove them down in the booties. Always dry by the next morning and as an added bonus everyone pretty much has their own color pool noodle so easy to find their booties fast.

For those that don't have an Aldi near them, if you search Amazon for "Easy Home Boot, Shoe, and Glove Dryer" there are product pages for the same product just branded differently, unfortunately I could not find one listed as low as $20, but here is one for $30:
That's the one I use and enthusiastically recommend. Incidentally, I needed to wash my house slippers recently, and I used the boot dryer for those, too, after several spins in the dryer failed to wring all the moisture out of their thick soles.

Reactions: Zef
In your experience do neoprene socks dry faster? If that is the case better to leave booties at home and get a pair of neoprene socks instead. Or, possibly plan shore diving days before the boat diving days at the same location so that will give a few days to dry out the booties. Besides neoprene socks can be tucked into the mesh side pockets of a backpack even if wet that way they can be aired on the entire journey when departing for the next the place.

Stuff newsprint into them and change when it gets wet. Repeat until dry.
Finally, something productive to do with that newspaper they keep throwing onto my property!

I've been ashamed of my dirty, stinky bootie for years.

No matter how much I shake my bootie, wash my bootie and dry my bootie the problem remains.

I often like showing my stinky bootie to other divers - and they just tell me to put it away.

Hopefully this could be the answer.

so whats that tool model ur using? im gonna replicate!
It's just 1 1/4" PVC pipe, elbows, and tees with a 1200 watt blow dryer to force hot air thru it. As you can see, I have a rubber reducer connecting the blow dryer to the pipe. Other than the dryer, I bought everything else at the local hardware store. Pretty simple, actually.

It's just 1 1/4" PVC pipe, elbows, and tees with a 1200 watt blow dryer to force hot air thru it. As you can see, I have a rubber reducer connecting the blow dryer to the pipe. Other than the dryer, I bought everything else at the local hardware store. Pretty simple, actually.
A blow dryer is likely to be very noisy and can you actually run it non-Stop for hours? I am thinking of assembling heater coils like used in a hot plate wired around a cheap portable tabletop plastic framed usb powered fan … of course you can blow dry inside the shoe it’s this and it will make the AC work harder in the resort .. balcony’s perhaps.

Mine isn't too noisy, especially since I normally operate it on low. I haven't noticed the dryer getting too hot and it doesn't take so terribly long to dry boots since the hot air is blown directly into the them. And of course, it can be used to dry gloves as well.

I went for easy and inexpensive to built. Like I said, the blow dryer is one we had we weren't using and the PVC parts and other pieces were cheap.

Back
Top Bottom