Question Drysuit undergarment and neoprene socks went through dryer with heat

Ruined

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been drying my socks and undergarments with heat for 25 years
Me too.

Maybe add a maybe option to your poll, you will have to decide the outcome since no one here has seen these to make a reasonable guess.

I've never heard of a drysuit undergarment made of recycled polyester and recycled spandex. Spandex will shrink in dryer heat, but I would be more concerned that those materials would keep me warm in a drysuit.

Yes

Cressi Undersuit for Dry Suit, Unisex Adult Monopiece Thermal Undersuit with Front Zip for Dry Suits​

Got on Amazon
First time I am aware of this drysuit underwear. From here (https://store.cressi.com/products/undersuit-for-drysuit): "The undersuit is an undersuit to wear underneath your scuba diving drysuit for more warmth. It is lightweight with a front vertical zipper, plus elastic feet and hand stirrups for a more convenient experience. It is composed of recycled polyester and recycled spandex."

I wasn't able to find care instructions (nor much other info) for this underwear.

rx7diver

I've never heard of a drysuit undergarment made of recycled polyester and recycled spandex. Spandex will shrink in dryer heat, but I would be more concerned that those materials would keep me warm in a drysuit.
I’m going to find out on my first ocean dive this weekend. Finishing my open water course, I know wool is better for warmth but this was a gift from my mother so it’s better then wool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom