Single to dual tank swap out...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FFS guys, if you can't work it out I would suggest you do a deco course or something similar before diving doubles/twins.

Anyway...

Is there a hard plastic bit which the single tank tank bands thread through? This is called a backpack.

Does the backpack have two (or more) holes in it, one at the top, one at the bottom, just like on a backplate?

You can bolt twins to it if the backpack is strong enough to accomodate them. I know the classic, seahawk, knight hawk and lady hawk do.

..It sure does. It has two bolts holding the mount on. I wish I had picture of the darn thing so you could see. I will see what I can do.
-Ooki

If it has two holes, you don't need a kit, just bolt them on. Like Simon says, you just need to evaluate its strength.

Simon,

What is FFS?

I knew a guy who rigged his jacket bc to take a set of steel doubles. The bc didn't have enough lift to float the tanks and he nearly lost the whole rig. I find a jacket allows a single tank to flop too much I couldn't imagin wearing one with doubles. What kind of doubles are you talking here? If you wear something like a set of 104's you will not want them flopping around on your back.

I don't believe a jacket is the best way to go for anything.

SimonN once bubbled...

You mean bolting on a set of SS bands?

Hmmm...

Go on, back to the sandpit petal...

Good one!............How about YOU go back to the rock you crawled out from underneath of.

Those kind of comments are not really warranted, or appreciated.

I borrowed a Scuba Pro jacket BC for the first few dives I did after open waters, I loved it. It gave me a feeling of being wraped up, I felt safe. However, as I grew into diving I grew out of jacket BCs. They are restrictive, there's not enough lift capability, nor enough area to mount extra gear. You could mount doubles to one I suppose, but, I prefer a unit made for the task of humping doubles and all the extras, a BP and wing. There's alot of weight when you deal with doubles diving. I prefer to leave my home shop fixes on land and not test their metal with my hard earned money or my life! For those of you who go with a Jacket and doubles, hey, what ever. I had a friend who was on a jury. The case revolved around a guy who modified a hand gun that was used on a home intruder. The point of the whole thing was it, the hand gun, he changed the grips, was changed from it's origionaly intended design. The lawyer was trying to persuade the jury to think of him, the home owner, in an irresponsible light for making the modification. Which in turn cast dought on his common sense and state of mind with respect to shooting this home invader and trying to inflict as much dammage as possible. Sounds wild dosen't it. People are sueing over hot coffee. If you lent out your modified BC and someone was hurt or killed, the manufacturer is now off the hook, you have a new shiney hook in your mouth. Where's Lawman when you need a lawyer!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom