Single to dual tank swap out...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The doubles adaptation for a SP Classic is typically referred to a "bimbo" kit. You are absolutely correct that it is "less than ideal" :)

chickdiver once bubbled...
The doubles adaptation for a SP Classic is typically referred to a "bimbo" kit. You are absolutely correct that it is "less than ideal" :)

You mean bolting on a set of SS bands?

Hmmm...

Go on, back to the sandpit petal...

So what you all are saying is that I can take the single tank mount and switch it out w/ a dual one? If so, who makes it and how much is it?
- Ooki

still trying to work out SimonN's comments....

I am not too sure how the person I saw put her kit together but it involved twinning straps and not SS Bands. It was on a SP Glide 2000 - I own one and having looked at it last night still can't figure out how she did it.

Why I don't like it is because it is because I prefer the manifild system rather than 50bar of each tank swap regs... Also I prefer wings and if you are going to use wings then banded tanks makes more sense to me.

Any luck on the model yet Ooki?

Jonathan

The conversion kit for a classic is not particulary comfortable. I dove doubles iwth a classic for a couple of years, then made the shift to BPand harness. The Bp/harness setup is far more comfortable to me. Jacket style BC's just dont lend themselves well to this type of usage.

First, I still cannot find out what kind of model that is. Second, I am looking at it now and it seems that I can unbolt the mount and attatch the dual mount. In addition, it loks like the bladder should be able to stay fairily out of the way. The bladder itself is frigging huge. I have been looking at other rigs and it definately looks like a tec rig. I wish I could be more specific.
-Ooki

years ago Scubapro made a kit to use with doubles, sometimes you can still find them

Back
Top Bottom