Single to dual tank swap out...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not quite sure which model exactly but is definately a very recent Scuba Pro back floater, looks like a tec rig. I bought it used and in good condition( Used on 10 dives). I will post the specs as soon as I get off work.

is it the Tec Rec? In which case very easy - just take the tank bands off.

I have used mine with up to 15l doubles with no problem. I would recomend getting a spreader (not sure what else to call it) to ease the load as it is a soft pack, or you can add it to a BP as I have seen other people do.

The spreader is a peice of metal that acts a bit like a washer but is maybe 4 inches across and takes the load off the back pack. If I had one I would post a photo....

hope that helps
Jonathan

...Hardmounted to the BC and it just has the single adjustable strap and latch. I am pretty sure that I can take it off but is there a dual tank retrofit that I can simply put on it?
-Ooki

If you can get me the model,I can get you specs easy (and most likely the parts) A photo would aslo suffice.

Dived a SP classic with twins for about a year. It is not ideal, but does work.

Check to see if you have bolt holes in the plastic bit/backpack. It should do.

You cannot use wing nuts! You need to use normal SS nuts and spanners.

You need to get tank bands like in the top right of

wings_twintank.jpg

Notice the arched bit in between the two loops, that fits in the backpack like a single tank.

I've seen someone diving a Glide 2000 with twins using twinning bands. Wouldn't do it myself.....

Back
Top Bottom