Single Tank Wing recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilchristz

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Can anybody recommend a decent single tank wing. I will be diving a dry suit in the very near future but currently dive anything from a 2 mil shorty to 7 mil john and jacket. Im not currently tech diving just tired of not being able to find a bc that fits and does not flop around like a fish on my back

No need to be a tech diver, it's just another BCD once it's rigged to fit.

My OxyCheq Mach V #30 has been working well for me diving trunks to full dry with a single cylinder.

Pete

A 30-40lb doughnut wing should be fine. Find the lift calculator and put the numbers in if you aren't sure. I still like the DRIS rig but there are other options out there also.

A good wing for the price is the Hollis S series. I have the S25 and it is built well.

Can anybody recommend a decent single tank wing. I will be diving a dry suit in the very near future but currently dive anything from a 2 mil shorty to 7 mil john and jacket. Im not currently tech diving just tired of not being able to find a bc that fits and does not flop around like a fish on my back

And no recommendation thread would be complete without mentioning the HOG 32 lb wing. I'm very happy with mine.

Thanks for the recommendations. I found a used Dive Rite Venture EXP does anybody know if thats a good wing. Any advice is welcome

Thanks for the recommendations. I found a used Dive Rite Venture EXP does anybody know if thats a good wing. Any advice is welcome

To my knowledge it is a perfectly good product. it has the tapered cut that will put extra displacement down low which is nice if you are leg heavy. oO course this requires nice level trim.

The 45 pounds of lift makes it a little bigger, floppier and baggier than many like.

Pete

Thanks do you know if the Venture requires a sta?

To my knowledge it is a perfectly good product. it has the tapered cut that will put extra displacement down low which is nice if you are leg heavy. oO course this requires nice level trim.

The 45 pounds of lift makes it a little bigger, floppier and baggier than many like.

Pete

I thought the Venture EXP was a 16lb wing, no?

To the Op, if you are looking for a small wing the Oxy mach v 18lb is the smallest dimension wise and it does not require the use of an STA providing the cam band cut outs on your plate line up with the wing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom