Single tank tec setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LanceRiley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I noticed in the gue page . A single tank was setup was that the stage 1 wasnt attached vertically it was tilted to the left. I assume the stage 1 had a 5th bottom port to attach the long hose for better routing.

I have a mk17 that doesnt have a 5th port. If i tilt it to the right all my stage 2 hoses will have good routing. But my spg hose port in the left will have to come up then down.

If i cant the 1st stage to the left, all my lp ports will be biased up

Help me out here guys. Or should i just get a longer spg hose? Presently 24in

When diving single tank all your hoses route normally. You leave the 1st stage mounted vertically.

In a doubles configuration you would typically turn it sideways to aid in hose routing. This is done as the hoses cross in the back.
Hose Routing for MK17?

yes
When diving single tank all your hoses route normally. You leave the 1st stage mounted vertically.

In a doubles configuration you would typically turn it sideways to aid in hose routing. This is done as the hoses cross in the back.
Hose Routing for MK17?
ive understood the tilting when it comes to doubles.

its just that i came upon a pic of a tilted 1st stage in gue website on a single tank. i have to admit it will improve hose routing a bit.

It will not improve hose routing on a single cylinder MK17. Two second stages out of the right side, BC inflator on the lower of the left side, HP hose on left side (as worn). Environmental fins route down towards the cylinder. Don’t over complicate this.

It will not improve hose routing on a single cylinder MK17. Two second stages out of the right side, BC inflator on the lower of the left side, HP hose on left side (as worn). Environmental fins route down towards the cylinder. Don’t over complicate this.

Tried that fins down. The upper port will be angled upward. If i put the 22in there the hose wont rest on my shoulder it will float above shoulder

Pix perhaps?

Most GUE guys dive single tanks with mk25s, since they use it for their doubles. I would say it would be more streamline, having said that, mk17 is perfectly suitable for a first stage as well, nothing wrong with it. The preferred setup is shown below:
upload_2020-3-2_11-58-1.png

credits to Will Zhou, GUE instructor

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-2_11-57-56.png
    upload_2020-3-2_11-57-56.png
    621 KB · Views: 96
Th
Most GUE guys dive single tanks with mk25s, since they use it for their doubles. I would say it would be more streamline, having said that, mk17 is perfectly suitable for a first stage as well, nothing wrong with it. The preferred setup is shown below:View attachment 571311
credits to Will Zhou, GUE instructor

Thats a mk25.

Mk17 doesnt have the Lp port at the bottom

I noticed in the gue page . A single tank was setup was that the stage 1 wasnt attached vertically it was tilted to the left. I assume the stage 1 had a 5th bottom port to attach the long hose for better routing.

I have a mk17 that doesnt have a 5th port. If i tilt it to the right all my stage 2 hoses will have good routing. But my spg hose port in the left will have to come up then down.

If i cant the 1st stage to the left, all my lp ports will be biased up

Help me out here guys. Or should i just get a longer spg hose? Presently 24in

just run it vertical like you have been. There's nothing "better" that can be done with that style first stage unfortunately. Nothing wrong with it, just limited on hose routing options

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom