Single malt Scotch (Islay) afficionados

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know that I've tried Ardbeg 10. I've certainly seen it - I'll have to give it a sip next time I have the chance.

It's peatier than Laphroaig?

DOH, i would not think so.. apparently Laphroaig is the king of peat

Ardberg is close, but not quite peatier, from what i've read

H2Andy:
DOH, i would not think so.. apparently Laphroaig is the king of peat

Ardberg is close, but not quite peatier, from what i've read

Actually Ardbeg is the king of phenol.

This from interview with Iain Henderson, Distillery Manager of Laphroaig, who came to distilling from the sea. In this fascinating and entertaining interview, John Hansell gets the story and learns Iain’s future plans.

We are going for a full peat content of our malted barley—40 parts per million (phenol). Ardbeg is 50, Lagavulin is 35, Caol Ila is 35, Bowmore is around 20.

holy cow!

H2Andy:
holy cow!

It's an experience. I would not have thought the additional PPM would make such a difference but it does. I was amazed at the strength of its character. When enjoying the Ardbeg it's best to listen to Clann An Drumma at the same time.

man... talk about pricey stuff!

i went around looking for some interesting and yet reasonably priced single malts,
and ended up with the following:

Old Pulteney 12
Balvenie's Founder Reserve
Springback 10 100 percent Proof
Ardbeg Old Malt Cast 1993

for a total price of... are you ready?

$188.00 not counting shipping

man, i ca'nt afford this stuff!

that's a *bit* too much for me =)

$50 is my limit for the average bottle. Occasionally a bit more (JW Blue Label). :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom