Singapore Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't think there's much diving to do in Singapore, except for Pulau Hantu. Best vis u get there is prob 5m which is really rare. If u're looking for a wkend trip from Singapore, there's always Pulau Tioman, Pulau Dayang/Aur. Slightly further (usually a 3d2n trip at least) there's Pulau Redang, Pulau Perhentian. Most of the dive shops provide rental equipment, prices varies depending on the no. of days of usage.

sleepyhead:
Hi,
I'm coming home next week. I'ad never done diving in Singapore region. Could you guys give me some idea on how the whole thing ( where to dive, rental includes??, cost of diving) etc... I might want to join any one in the next 2 weeks to go diving in the region. Any idea where i can rent a wetsuit for how much??

Thanks

Hi sleepyhead...I will be going on a leisure dive with a group of frnds at pulau aur from 27-29 aug....u are welcom to join us too...

u can send me an email or give me a call 98630177 if you are keen...

s for wetsuit i think the shops where u are joining in the diving trips will be able to rent one to you shouldnt cost too much. but if u r keen to get a personal wetsuit for yourself can also call me up. can help you on that...

Jojo:
Hi sleepyhead...I will be going on a leisure dive with a group of frnds at pulau aur from 27-29 aug....u are welcom to join us too...

u can send me an email or give me a call 98630177 if you are keen...

s for wetsuit i think the shops where u are joining in the diving trips will be able to rent one to you shouldnt cost too much. but if u r keen to get a personal wetsuit for yourself can also call me up. can help you on that...

I think i might go if i know where in the malaysia is pulau aur.. I'm really curious... I call you when i get back. See ya

sleepyhead:
I think i might go if i know where in the malaysia is pulau aur.. I'm really curious... I call you when i get back. See ya

Hi sleepyhead...glad to hear from u...pulau aur is on the south east side of western malaysia...

the reefs on aur are pretty seriously bent out of shape - you might be better to try pemanggil - the island between aur and tioman - i was there last week and the reefs and marine life were far superior to either Aur or Tioman - although in current conditions there are only 1 or 2 divable sites.

gxdoyle:
the reefs on aur are pretty seriously bent out of shape - you might be better to try pemanggil - the island between aur and tioman - i was there last week and the reefs and marine life were far superior to either Aur or Tioman - although in current conditions there are only 1 or 2 divable sites.

Is pemanggil accessible from pulau aur too?

Jojo:
Is pemanggil accessible from pulau aur too?

I think only liveaboard dive at Pemanggil. We dived there a week ago and were really impressed with the marine life - lots of large fish and tons of lobsters in and around the rocks on the northern side. Its outside the marine park so there are quite a few fishermen but fish stocks still pretty high.

What really surprised me was the visability - at least double what was at Tioman the same weekend.

Also there is a great wreck just off Pemanggil - the Malini - it is deep at about 40-43 meters but it has the biggest fish I have ever seen in Malaysia - even bigger than on the Repulse. Groupers, Snapper and Cobia up to 1 meter long each or more plus trevally and yellowtails. Also a GIGANTIC marble ray somewhere between 4-6 meters across the wings!

Am going there again at the end of the month - will try to get some photos (my camera currently flooded)

gxdoyle:
I think only liveaboard dive at Pemanggil. We dived there a week ago and were really impressed with the marine life - lots of large fish and tons of lobsters in and around the rocks on the northern side. Its outside the marine park so there are quite a few fishermen but fish stocks still pretty high.

What really surprised me was the visability - at least double what was at Tioman the same weekend.

Also there is a great wreck just off Pemanggil - the Malini - it is deep at about 40-43 meters but it has the biggest fish I have ever seen in Malaysia - even bigger than on the Repulse. Groupers, Snapper and Cobia up to 1 meter long each or more plus trevally and yellowtails. Also a GIGANTIC marble ray somewhere between 4-6 meters across the wings!

Am going there again at the end of the month - will try to get some photos (my camera currently flooded)

Hi, I'm might be interested in doing some dives over there. Any one did their wreck speciality over here in Singapore? I might go if the costs for the trip is not that high.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom