SimplyScuba - Bad Experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Scubamarketing,

I did ask for my request to be escalated to management but was told that the information I was given was being instructed from management via the customer services supervisor. I guess in hindsight I should have spoken to someone over the phone rather than email but I did try to argue all points and felt there was nowhere else to go at the end of it. Though I do understand what you are trying to say about making it public, I am still able to edit my first post, am I able to delete it???

I would delete nothing. These are good things for people to know....but you could escalate it and try resolve it and post the outcome and logic here so people understand.

Hi Scubamarketing,

I did ask for my request to be escalated to management but was told that the information I was given was being instructed from management via the customer services supervisor. I guess in hindsight I should have spoken to someone over the phone rather than email but I did try to argue all points and felt there was nowhere else to go at the end of it. Though I do understand what you are trying to say about making it public, I am still able to edit my first post, am I able to delete it???

In that case, it's entirely up to you. I hate talking on the phone outside of work needs, so if the response I got via email wasn't satisfactory, I probably wouldn't pick up a phone. Since I'm a social media guy (I know not everyone is, especially in this industry), I'd take it to Facebook, Twitter and relevant forums like this, but would still use direct message functions. That's more than people should though, we should all just get decent service regardless of who we talk to.

Best of luck to you on all of this, don't let it diminish your view of diving and the diving industry, it's the best hobby/sport on the planet :D

Oops ScubaSteve I already deleted!

**update**

I received an email from the training manager and though I won't post her full reply (due to the confidentiality statement at the bottom of their emails) she advised me of the following:

To split deliveries is a logistical nightmare for them and to do it in the past they have had to involve their IT guys and it takes ages. So upper management have removed their ability to do it anymore and there wasn't anything they could do.

As ScubaSteve suggested, the finance option is classed as an offer so can't be used in conjunction with any others.

It would have been nice to have this all made clear (mainly the split delivery part) during the ordering process but I guess that's life and I will wait patiently for my kit to come :daydreaming:

(Please hurry I want it NOW!!!!!)

Thanks to all above for you advice and comments.

Case closed

Last edited:
Thanks for following through and posting their logic. It may not be what you ultimately wanted to hear but everybody reading this will at least know when they read this thread.

To split deliveries is a logistical nightmare for them and to do it in the past they have had to involve their IT guys and it takes ages.

As an IT guy, I'd like to say "She's full of crap."

Even if she has the most brain-dead software that ever walked among the living, the very worst she would have to do is delete the un-shipped items and put them on another invoice.

You're much more patient and forgiving than I am, but if you're happy, that's all that matters.

I received an email from the training manager and though I won't post her full reply (due to the confidentiality statement at the bottom of their emails) . . .

I can see that. If made up a story like that, I won't want it getting around either.

I'm not a lawyer, but can't imagine how that would be legally binding.

flots.

Back
Top Bottom