Simply, a thank you.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soccerrefjason

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello

I am a new member here on SB and a new member to the dive community in general. I recently received my NAUI ow certification. I am not too far South-West of Daytona beach. (if anyone wants to take me diving...:cool2:) This, however is not the reason for my post.

I personally want to thank the SB members and team members and business sponsors for being here, posting their thoughts and in general teaching me things i want to know. (and some things i don't want to know) I am aware that there is no substitute for proper training, but if, for instance i wanted to learn about oxygen toxicity and partial pressures i would look here first. If i wanted to know how certain ailments have affected divers in the past i would look here first. If i wanted to know if i should invest the money on filters for my GoPro I actually did look here first. I have looked at doing dives in certain areas of Florida and chosen several dive operations, I have then taken that information here and learned that some of those chosen operations had less than savory track records with the divers in this community...

I have much more to learn and plan on making a real diver out of myself. So if even just for me please continue to rehash old debates, that have questions i have yet to think of in them, and continue to explore new subjects as well.

Again, simply, a thank you from a new diver and new SB member.

Jason

No worries, welcome aboard!

This is a great resource for knowledge and experience, but it is no substitute for training as I'm sure many here will echo. Take what you can get from the community, but don't take it for granted. Make sure you do your own research as well.

Welcome aboard... just don't believe everything you see posted here!

welcome and howdy...enjoy the depths.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom