Similan Islands Liveaboard Recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MissDoo, regarding the Black Manta, as others have pointed out, the best cabin is on the bottom deck with only port holes for natural light. IMHO, the second and third best cabins are also on the bottom deck with the same light issue. I have never minded it but if you want the ocean view cabins, there are two on the main deck that are very close to the second/third best cabins. These main deck cabins have an extra bunk above the double bed in case the two cabin mates are not a couple or if they want to share three to a room (such as for a small family).

Like every other boat I know, we do not allow smoking inside any enclosed area, the dive deck or upwind from wherever other people are. Occasionally we do have a dive guide or two on the boat who smoke but they are required to follow the same rules. I think some of our boat crew smoke but they better not get caught doing it during a trip!

Another option might be the new White Manta. It is now being built in Thailand and will be ready by year end. Based on other customers' similar feedback, all ensuite cabins will be on the main or upper deck and include large enough windows to light up anyone's day. The ship will be a good bit larger and more luxurious than the Black Manta but carry the same number of guests. Other improvements include more spacious camera tables, a larger eating area, and roomier toilets. The schedule is not up yet but you could check with Naffa or Vincent to get an early booking (info@whitemanta.com). For the fun of it, you can also follow the progress of the work on the boat here: The New WhiteManta .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom