Silicone seal questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove the Fusion Bullet last Sunday at the Whites demo day in Monterey. Love the suit and the Bullet skin, the suits had the SI Tech quick neck seal changing system with silicone neck an wrist seals, I got to see them change out a seal.:cool2: (only because the silicone seal was to big on the diver, switched to latex)

After doning the suit my neck seal was tight but only simular to a new latex seal. My neck size is 17.5 in. so I'm not in the Hulk size. After 20 mins under, my neck started to burn and at the end of the dive I had the hung red ring look going. Thank GOD that dissappered the next day. The wrist seals, like heaven, hardly even felt them.

So my questions are;
1.)Will the silcone seal stretch over time or should one pre-stretch like latex?
2.)Has anyone used a lubricant prior to diving?
and C.)Trimming is an option, has anyone actually had to trim one?

:idk: Please Help!

I read the bolded phrase above to mean that the seal was switched FROM silicone TO latex. Is this incorrect?

One of the reviews at DRIS said in part:

"...when you're donning the suit or walking around with the top unzipped and flipped back over your head this solid ring doesn't exactly allow the top part of the suit to fall backwards as easily as without it in there so it has a tendency to sit straight up behind you."
Thanks for the answer I didn't want to hear. It might be enough for me to start looking for another suit, or change to a Bullet Skin and remove the replaceable neck system. I will give it a couple more tries and see if I can't find a solution. Since I own a Zodiac that often has a wet ride, it is important for me to wear my suit partially installed. It is nice to keep the neck part off for comfort and cooling.

I read the bolded phrase above to mean that the seal was switched FROM silicone TO latex. Is this incorrect?
On another diver, not Jwin, he just commented that he got to watch them perform a seal change.

Finally I reached the point that the seal was only mildly uncomfortable while sitting around the living room typing on a computer.
:worthless:

Reactions: Jax
:worthless:

Scott, if I had only known you would want those pictures I would certainly have taken them! Unfortunately, the opportunity has passed.

Hi Jax
Another diver, female with a small neck, needed a tighter seal and the Whites people switched out her silicone seal with a latex one. Took 4 minutes total time on a table with her still in the suit albeit pulled down to the waist.

Hey Peter,
The diver was Pam, and I told you about the head bonking wind breaking neck ring suit flap...:rofl3:

John

One of the reviews at DRIS said in part:

"...when you're donning the suit or walking around with the top unzipped and flipped back over your head this solid ring doesn't exactly allow the top part of the suit to fall backwards as easily as without it in there so it has a tendency to sit straight up behind you."

To that point, yes, it can stand up straight behind you....BUT, simply pull the material a little and it flips down. Not a big deal, but an extra step none the less. If you do the extra step, you won't eve know it is there on a fusion. I will try and get a pic or video this weekend. We have the GhostShips festival, but I will see what I can do :wink:

Back
Top Bottom