silica gel packs S95

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The standard Moisture Muncher tubes fit perfectly into the front right hand side of the FIX (and I assume Recsea) housings. It is as if the channel there was made for them. The small size silica packs will fit there also. Since the housing is aluminum and the S90 does not seem to run especially hot, I have had zero fogging issues.

These are the ones I am using:

Accessories | Moisture Munchers

Amazon.com: Sealife Small Moisture muncher 10 capsules, 1.5 grams each: Camera & Photo

Moisture Muncher Moisture Muncher 1.5g Crystal Capsules 10-Pack

SeaLife SL911 Moisture Muncher - anti-fog desiccant capsule - Compare prices, reviews, user opinions - Shopper.com

They are available many places including most retail dive stores. They can be rejuvenated many times by placing them in a tub of Moisture Rid which can be gotten at any hardware store. When depleted they turn pink, ready to go they should be bright blue. Once pink set them in the Moisture Rid and in a few days they will be bright blue and ready to go again.

Trust me, these will fit the FIX90 housing and I am pretty sure the Recsea95. The new FIX95, do not know.

James

They also fit perfectly, exactly as pictured in your photo (thanks!), in the FIX S95 housing. Any of your links to the product are excellent places to order or just check your LDS or Scuba Toys.
Lisa

The wonders of the Interet ... there's a website for everything.

Silica Gel Desiccant Dehumidifiers - Eliminate Moisture! - SilicaGelPackets.com

I don't know if they carry one that'll fit in the very compact Fix or RecSea housings, but for my S90/Ike setup and those using OEM housings, you're sure to find something here.

A quick look see of that page and there is nothing on it that will work in the FIX/Recsea housings. There is no extra room in the housing except for the little slot I have the MM tube setting in since the housing is form fitting. There are a few small paper tube type that will also fit into the slot but they have to be small and you risk having the edge of the packet pinched between the housing and front of the camera which could cause problem with control operation at the least and possible damage to the camera or housing when the vault like door is closed.

N

I think the tubs of moisture remover I am talking about and using to rejuvenate the Moisture Munchers (or other similar silica packets) is called Damp Rid and it is commonly found at hardware stores, Home Depot type places and even grocery stores.

N

Back
Top Bottom