Silent Diving Systems...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Evo is way easier to move about underwater in compared to the Insp....but the idea of having such a small dil cylinder and a small 13cf bailout attached to the side at 160 feet does not appeal to me....if you limit yourself to non-deco and shallower then 130, then the onboard dil and 13cf pony mounted to the case should suffice...I really dislike side slings, they are a pain.....I agree, travel with the Evo is the ticket.....

It may be some time before out because they exhaustively test the daylights out of everything, but AP is working on a new CCR, the Expedition which will have a flood recoverable scrubber and some other classified goodies. Also in the works is a DSV/OC.

The Vision electronics which is what I have on my Insp is just awesome...gone are the moisture migrating down the handset hoses and corroding out the on/off microswitch, and the integrated controller/dive computer and HUD is really slick.

Go with the scrubber temp stick, your run times on either scrubber should be much longer then 2-3 hours as you monitor the lime's temp gradient and wavefront.

I just had to make that choice my self. My size (6'5" & big) dictates I do the inpiration. Heard a lot of really nice things about the vision and it looked pretty good. So I bought the vision. Now I just have to figure out a way to tell the wife I spend 2 grand more than planned. :)

scubanimal:
Now I just have to figure out a way to tell the wife I spend 2 grand more than planned. :)
Explain the the difference. :11doh: The HUD and TempStick are safety improvements increasing you chances you'll be home for dinner. :05:

caveseeker7:
Explain the the difference. :11doh: T
I did and that is why she insisted I buy a megaladon:06:

The meg does not have an axial thermister array whose information is filtered through a micrprocessor and correlated into an LCD visual bargraph.

NetDoc:
Ok... now to save up the cash! :D

Pete, give Mike at SDS a call. I'm taking delivery of my loaded Evo for just under $10k in the next few weeks. He tells me that delivery of the units are more or less back on schedule. I test drove one this past weekend - sweet unit!

I'm gonna have to sell a bit more advertising to make it fly! :D

Camerone:
You should also consider taking into account your own physical size if you're considering both units. If you're smaller/shorter, you may just find the Evo a better fit than the Inspiration is to your body. That ended up being my deciding factor in purchasing the Evo over the Inspiration...

Ditto for me. I liked both units but the evo 'fit'.

Westwinds.

Back
Top Bottom