Significantly negative regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After two weeks in Bonaire with a Poseidon 3960 and Cyklon metal, I've decided I don't know how the German military tolerated it.
Lots of bling, and it breathes like a dream, but as configured with no swivel and metal housing, it got very heavy after 25 dives. Haven't dived my metal Cyklon since.
And @northernone, you've already heard me complain about my A700.
Maybe I'm picky, but I like my hose/2nd combo to be absolutely neutral.
G260, D-400, Atomic, Cyklon plastic.
Just got a Hollis 500e that I can't wait to try!

I like and use old metal second stages a lot and see no appreciable difference in the difference in buoyancy. Of course I'm more interested that the reg works than marginal weight, WOB, and flow rate of different regs.

Bob

I like and use old metal second stages a lot and see no appreciable difference in the difference in buoyancy. Of course I'm more interested that the reg works than marginal weight, WOB, and flow rate of different regs.
Bob

Yeah, the 109/156 seems to do just fine! They got the classics right.

Last edited:
Dove a mishmash of 4 regs few days ago. Plastic D300, metal r109, metal conshelf xiv and a plastic beuchat.

Paying attention to weight... In hand underwater with hoses extended and mouthpieces down (purged) the r109 seemed vaguely heavier. The D300 with the foamy scrotum was closest to neutral.

In mouth with hose routings they became indistinguishable and it was too arbitrary to guess. Besides, some were with and without a swivel. Not a fair test.

Cheers,
Cameron

@tbone1004 , you have omnis AND long hoses at the same time? I thought that if you had long hose, there was no need for omnis. Or are both even better?

sorry for delay, was out of country.
both are even better. The long hose doesn't add any flexibility to the hose and the ball swivels allow you to put the exact angle on the regulator that you want/need and makes it that much more comfortable. Not necessary like with a 40" hose, but much better imo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom