Signature Size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrpai

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I've noticed that the TOS says a signature can be no longer then 4 lines. But the system doesn't seem to be enforcing this. I've seen many posts with Sigs as long as 6 - 8 lines, and I've seen others with inline images that take up almost a quarter of my screen for the sig alone. Combine this with several posts and its like 10% of the actual screen is real messages and the rest is fluff.

I will copy this post for our moderators so they can keep a shrper eye out.

I finally figured out that I can turn off signatures.... problem solved. But its a little less pretty now. I like signatures, just not half page ones.

Come on moderators!!!!!! This is ridiculous!!!! Anyone having a signature of more than four lines should be banned immediately!!!!!

Here is an example
http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=500076&postcount=2

The graphic in that sig has a verticle size of 85 pixels. Assuming a 10 point font thats the equivilant of about 8 lines. Then add in 3 lines of text and 3 lines of double spacing and you get a signature thats about 14 lines long. Add the formating around each message and add in this guy posting a couple times in a row and the next thing you know your looking long and hard for an actual message.

This is 4 lines

Line1
Line2
Line3
Line4

This is not

Line1

Line2

Line3

Line4

So...In light of all this signature talk, I just went to update my profile, and I tried to remove a large chunk of it....namely the NASCAR bashing thing....

It wouldn't let me update it b/c of some maximum charachter restriction.

So...I just left it as is.

Big-t-2538:
So...In light of all this signature talk,

I think I'm make mine longer... maybe add a half-dozen smilies or so...

Of all the stupid things to worry about... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom