Signal for Entanglement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It sounds like these may not be "line trained" students though. In which case I wonder why there's a line at all?

Maybe they're becoming "line trained"? My guess would be that's why they are "students" in this context.

Buddy in front, facing away + entangled...
I would go to touch contact. You are going to need to get close and approach them to disentangle them anyway. So swim up, squeeze calf or thigh so they stop and then get to work freeing them.
Yep, works good. We did a dive where we were in (self induced) 0 vis inside the Cape Breton. I felt a squeeze on my calf. I just halted and waited for the signal to move on. (Our line was caught on my fin.)

fingers crossed and moving wrist back and forth in figure eight motion is how we do this with light flashing up and down for attention or back and forth in emergency.

Pictures are good. This is standard amoung us in the caves back home.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom