Sign here if you have never breathed on a used regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I volunteer at an aquarium. We are required to use their gear. We keep Listerine in a spray bottle and spray second stage mouthpieces. Problem solved.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

Buy both common sizes of mouthpieces, while you're at it, make them the SeaCure brand. Get a bag of small cable ties.

Rent with carefree abandon.

I bought my original reg used upon certification, and it is still my only one (other than one for the pony). I had the mouthpiece replaced with one of those form-fitting molded ones. Would never want to go back to the standard rubbery mouthpiece. I didn't think twice about putting that old thing in my mouth when I bought it used--assumed the shop cleaned it well first. And I am VERY fussy--don't even like "backwash" in my own beer or coke.....

New regs for me.

Close, but not quite. My open water dives were done on dive shop equipment. All dives done after cert were on regs I bought new.

Never tried on a used wetsuit though.

his gear was all Scubapro, they were certainly smiling on the way to the bank

Not sure if this is intended to be as snarky as it sounds but to me, it was a mutually beneficial situation. A local small business gained a customer and I got quality gear with all of my questions answered and a bunch of freebies and discounts thrown in, not to mention total peace of mind. I look at it as the cost of entry to scuba because that is what I wanted, all of my own stuff. If I were to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. These are the fun toys you get to have as a young, successful bachelor :)

I'm one of those people who, on land, go by the principle that ingesting the odd cooties here and there help my body resist maladies by building up antibodies. It doesn't seem to hurt me, as I seem to never get sick. I don't see where its all that much different when it comes to scuba gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom